Two 12' Alpine Type R Subs

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by Vamp, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Vamp

Vamp New Member

Hello im here to basically verify something I have been told. I am running two 12' type R subs on the Alpine MRX-M100. I honestly have no Idea how they are wired. My problem I have is that when I turn the bass up and the deck up the subs will cut out when heavy bass hits for a prolonged period of time. The amp is not getting physically warm but the shop I took it to says that its going into saftey mode. So Ive taken it to a differnt shop and they tell me that these subs peak at 1800RMS(?) and that therefore if I want to turn it up and get full potential to run them both at one time that I need a stronger AMP or basically not to turn it up. Is there any truth to this at all is basically my question and if so they recommended a 3000 Watt but they dont sell them that high there so I would need to buy one on my own. Again any comments are appreciated.

2. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

what ohms are the r types?? dual 4 or dual 2?? cuz ur alpine amp actually puts out more power at 2 ohm then it does at 1 ohm.. the 2nd shop is full of it also.. 1000 watts is plenty for r types... and not sure about the safety mode thing.. the amp should have some kind of indicator light on it to verify that...

3. Vamp

Vamp New Member

I really have no idea how to tell what they are wired for.. could you tell me? Also the only light it has its a solid blue led light on the front from what I can see and it still shines when the subs cut off

4. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

it should say on the sub what ohm the voice voils are.. on the megnet..