Tweeter placement

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by innovative, Feb 26, 2011.

1. innovative

innovative Full Member

I am looking at installing 5 sets of components in my front doors. It was sugested to me to install the tweeters in the A-Pillars. I have always been under the asumtion that the closer the tweter is placed to the mid the better. Does anybody have any sugestions for me?

2. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

well it is considerably a better sound image when placed close to each other, however it can sound equaly as good if set up in the A pillars if in fact they are placed in such a fashion that they take the equal amount of time to travel! as in say your mid is down low but if u measure the distance from the speaker to your normal sitting situation and do the same for the tweater up high u could find a common distance between the 2!

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

time alignement.....very important

4. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

Some one needs to do a sticky of speaker placement and time alignment and all that goody stuff. Reason I say? Cause this topic is covered at least 2 times a week. :)

5. innovative

innovative Full Member

Thanks for the replies. I will do some more searching in regards to timing alignment.

6. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

Can't believe no one has mentioned the double sided tape and experiment with placement until you find a place you like them