time to move up....

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by danracer, Oct 10, 2007.

1. danracer

danracer Full Member

Well i think its time to move up and leave my audiopipes behind and get some real subs and some real power...right now i dont have a budget for anything since im gonna be savingfor my stuff and buy them later. i want only one sub...15-18, i want to get to atleast 150 on the termlab...first of all could that be possible w/ only one sub? also im gonna put some subs here so u guys can tell me which could be a good optin...also if u want you can give opinions...Thnx ^_^

2. danracer

danracer Full Member

well a friend just offered me a new cerwin vega stroker 15" for 250 bucks probably not gonna miss the offer and go w/ it

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

one sub and 15 on the termlab....its gonna be tough man and the box is gonna have to be pretty crazy good

152 is doable with a fart box...but to do 150 on music is gonna be really hard...i mean really really hard.

You're gonna need a lot of power...I'd say atleast 1500 watts rms to play with and a stout sub.

I am moving up also

4. danracer

danracer Full Member

well w/ the stroker im planning on using 3000.1 massive audio amp

5. jmenace_thakidd

jmenace_thakidd Full Member

i heard those are some prett good amps maybe look into the FI BTL those are some solid subs too but on the pricey side

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

hello guys...i know its been awhile.been having to work alot to get the bills payed and i just dont have the time to get on line ,still on dial up.i have to wait a little while longer to get the high speed internet,cable,phone combo set up i want.

anyways.didnt RANGER say a while back that the strokers arent very musical,mostly good for burps.

150 on music is sooo loud too,thats a little too loud.

mid 140's is still loud but very do able with one sub.

7. danracer

danracer Full Member

well im gonna try 145+ w/ one and then buy a second stroker to try the 150's also i dont know whixh amp to get for the stroker...i was thinking 3000+ @ 2ohms...the subs i thought could work where the massive 3000.1, hifonics colossus, and the kicker zx2500.1

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  8. mrmizcue

mrmizcue Full Member

RF T15002....real output is 2576 @2 ohm

9. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

those were the old strokers made basically for burps

10. danracer

danracer Full Member

thanx for the sugestion but for that sub i might need more that 3000 watts at 2 ohms...also i dont want to spend more than 700 on the amp...btw what is a fart box??

11. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

a box that is made to play a single frequency....very loudly. Normally tuned high depending on the vehicles resonant frequency.

fart boxes sound like ass on music

12. danracer

danracer Full Member

i should do two boxes then...one for competing and another one for music and daily...

13. mrmizcue

mrmizcue Full Member

or you could do 1 box with 2 different port configurations. 1 for burbs and the other for daily...then just plug the other port that you aren't using.

14. danracer

danracer Full Member

that is so crazy it just might work lol make a removable port, one tuned to 46 hz and the other to low 30s

15. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

whats what i was going to do for my 19Ov.2 box

16. danracer

danracer Full Member

how much power can Fi btls handle?

17. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

on the safe side...3000 clean watts in a good box

if you know what you are doing and have a strong electrical and a badass box that can handle the power and control the woofers...4000 clean watts can be done.

18. danracer

danracer Full Member

ok kool thnx cuz i think i might go w/ a 18" BTL...go big or go home lol...now ill have to look for an amp that has at least 2500+@ 2 ohms and can be burped @ .5 ohms

19. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

do you have a 300 amp alternator and a bank of batteries???