takes a licking

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by Hautewheeler, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

I need a head unit that can take a licking and keep on pounding - - - - -hi guys- I have a kenwood 316v (I know kenwoods skip:D ) that I'm ready to replace. I'm also having problems with the outputs rattling against the top of the inside of the dash causing one of the outputs to periodically cut out when appropriate volume is applied. - (not to mention the fact that cd's skip when the volume is high enough for a back massage:D ) I am running 1200 watts to two 15's in a large homemade ported box. I think that I could skip most cd players, so as a replacement, I'm looking toward the clarion dxz755mc, because it has the internal memory where I could store the harder hitting songs, and it has the pigtail type outs as opposed to the rigid mounted ones that might alleviate the rubbing. anyone have one or have anything to say about a friends? thanx -jeff

2. clipser-gs-t

clipser-gs-t Full Member

I heard the eclipse h/u's can take a licking.

3. nosduj

nosduj Full Member

Ive got an apline that I recently replaced after 6 years of use...

4. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

Boy-- I really expected to get a better response, I mean thank you for the replies, guys . I just thought that a lot more people might weigh in on the topic. I've had alpines that sucked, and alpines that romped. same with sony, blaupunkt, kenwood, and even jvc. (beleive it or not, I had a realistic tape deck back in the day that rocked out - or at least I thought it did!) But I've never had a clarion. I like kenwood very well, and I have one I've had for ten years now, (same with alpine, man) and it still works great. (for normal people). But as my amps and subs get bigger, I notice this annoying skip getting worse. I think I will try the clarion, it goes about $250.00 .so if it sucks, I'm not out that much. I will let you all know how I like it..(but not before I check out the eclipse's, clipser) thanks for all the input fellas.. jeff