System Suggetions

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by ROBSTOY, Nov 24, 2006.

1. ROBSTOY

ROBSTOY Full Member

New here and I need help! I have a 2006 Tacoma non-JBL that I am looking to upgrade the stereo system. I have decided on the Pioneer DEHP-7800MP head unit. Now, I know very little about any of the other components. I am looking for a system with a bit of a thump as well as good crisp sound that I can play LOUD when I'm in the mood. What would you guys suggest? One more thing, I'm not looking to spend more than $800-$1000.

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Well you wanna upgrade the speakers and add a substage??

3. ROBSTOY

ROBSTOY Full Member

Yes. I would think, at minimum, two new speakers for the front doors (it's a dbl cab), an amp and a sub behind the back seat??

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

5. ROBSTOY

ROBSTOY Full Member

Thanks for the info! What would you sugest inleu of the Oriion 225 amp?

6. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

You might look into a nice 4 channel amp..... 2 channels can run the front speakers, and the other 2 channels can run the sub....On another thread, i was reminded of Soundstream amps....good soilid performers that are great sounding and reliable. One sub in the rear a nice set of speakers up front, can make for a very nice sound system in a vehicle..simple is really the way to go!

Are you lookin to build the enclosure for a sub or buy a prefab? And by the way, the last set of Orion components i put in a truck sounded GREAT....the midrange was accurate and not peaky and the highs blended very smooth with mids,

7. ROBSTOY

ROBSTOY Full Member

Exactly what I was thinking! As for the enclosure, I would love to find a prefab that would fit behind the back seat without any mod. I have heard of an EFX enclosure with amp included but the guy who got it now says it was a mistake and not very good. Do you know of anyplace to buy a prefab that fits the above criteria?

8. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

9. TheViking

10. ROBSTOY

ROBSTOY Full Member

Great price...but it's too wide. Won't fit behind the back seat! Thanks for the sugestion though.

11. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Haha Viking...suggestion rejected.

Rob did you even look at the ED SQ10 I showed you???

12. pedro quiroga

so what was soo bad about the efx enclosure for your truck?

13. ROBSTOY

ROBSTOY Full Member

Yes, I did. The sub looks good, possibly in the shallow box. It is one way I am considering. Thanks.

14. ROBSTOY

ROBSTOY Full Member

A guy on another forum got one and said it was horrible. Bad sound due to the plastic enclosure and sub quality. It also vibrated alot against the back plastic liner on the truck and made alot of noise. All in all, it didn't seem to be a good alternative to me.

15. aitkenkingfish

aitkenkingfish Full Member

Im in the middle of doing my rodeo. I went with alphasonik unbelevable equipment you should take a look at them.

16. TheViking

I was thinking this might be an extended cab truck....what kind of clearance do you have behind the seats/in the area you want the subs? post the measurements and we'll see what we can dig up.

17. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I thought alphsonik is owned by Audiobahn who is supposedly going out of bidnizzz

18. pedro quiroga

19. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Motion to say Audiobahn sucks $@#%??

EDIT by Viking:

Lets watch the language, just a little bit here!!! save this for the spammers!!!!!!!!!

love ya man.......

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2006
  20. ROBSTOY

ROBSTOY Full Member

ok...I went and listened to some subs over the weekend and decided that the sound is not for me. So, with that in mind, I am looking to just add an amp. Now, having NO knowledge of amps, I have a couple of questions. What type of amp do you need if you are just going to hook it up to two (front) speakers? Would this be a two channel amp with 1 channel for each speaker? What about hooking it up to the front and rear speakers? Would this be a 4 channel amp wth one channel each to each speaker? If not, what is best to do? Also, how do you determine what power amp to get for the speakers? I've seen the "RMS" measurement, but I really don't know what it means. :confused: