System in progress

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by sl0wm03, Dec 7, 2007.

1. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

I've been workin on a system for a while now, different brands all kinds of stuff. I used to have a Pioneer DEH 4900ib, it was pretty good, it's better than the one I have now, but I got an equalizer to make it better to control the highs.
    This is my Power Acoustik deck with the equalizer mounted under it. The "professionals" took out my cup holders and cut and made the spot for my deck longer in height, and they mounted the equalizer underneith it.

mp3, mp4, ipod, dvd
    [​IMG]

The remote.... with too many buttons on it.
    [​IMG]

I only have two 5 1/4 up front.
    Power Acoustik PR Series
    [​IMG]

One 12" sub for now, it's getting 1000 watts, getting the other one next week which will get another 1000 watts. My box is 4 cubic feet, 2 cubic feet per chamber with a 4 inch port. I'm not sure the lenght of it. I think 8 - 12 inch port.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My first system I've always wanted people to literally hear me coming down the block. You can hear me from 5 houses which is good for me.
    But as I start getting my other audio I'll post updates. I'm proud of my system and I think people under rate Power Acoustik.

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

damn...4 cu ft for one sub is a lot.

if the port is between 8 - 12 inches long than its tuned anywhere from 28 - 23Hz....pretty low

The box doesn't have enough port area though

nice setup though...its good that your happy with it...

3. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

That's a nice looking deck, MP4 and Mosfet. Must sound pretty descent. Convert your music to 320 kbs, that's what i do, a happy medium, it makes a huge difference in sound quality and you can still get 60-70 songs on a cd. Which amps you have?

4. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

Yea, it's because I had two subs, but when I got one of them in, the voice coil was messed up and the sub wouldn't flex, not even when i pushed on it, so I'm just waiting for my other sub. It hits the lows real good, the highs don't sound so great, but you can hear them.

The deck sounds alright, it's not the best, that's why I have the equalizer. The deck don't have a high pass filter in it but other than that it's great. I've got a......... I'm not sure of the full model, but it's a Power Acoustik 2000 watt max. 900watt RMS @ 2 ohms. Mounted on the back of my backseats.
    I think I might get another one to push them to the limit.

Right now my wire is 4 gauge. Would there be a difference if I change it to 0/1 gauge?

[​IMG]

5. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

If you get a second amp i would do 0 gauge from front to back at least. I think i'm going to change mine to all 0 gauge too. Might as well, i plan on running 2000 watts anyways so i need it now.

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

the reason it doesn't hit the highs well is because the box is too large, tuned really low, and not enough port area.

I like Power Acoustik

7. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

i think power acoustik is great for the money

8. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

Yeah, but once I get the other sub put in, it should sound right, I thiunk these subs needed 2.2cu. ft. It is good for the money. I get them from local dealers and I still think they're good low price.

9. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

Here's a small video.

[​IMG]

10. xratede

xratede Full Member

Thats freakin sweet I plan on gettin a Power Acoustik DVD Head Unit myself

11. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

be proud, young man.. be proud..

I love taking inexpensive stuff and making it sound like a million bucks.
    Cheers!

12. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

Yea, the HeadUnit is alright, just don't have many features like filters and stuff, if you get a Power Acoustik, then you'd probably end up getting a equalizer also. This is a newer video with when I put two 12" in, and also I turn off my equalizer so you can you hear it.

Yea, I'm actually selling mine now, and I have the most said they'd buy it for $425.

[​IMG]

13. xratede

xratede Full Member

^^^Yea, I have an equalizer waitin to be installed, i found the power acoustik in dash dvd 3.6" screen for 170.00 on an ebay store site