Suggestions for Product Lines

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by MMats4life, Jun 9, 2003.

1. MMats4life

MMats4life Full Member

If all goes well I may have a very nice new location soon. This is going to be a HIGH end shop only. I will have access to almost anything i want. Just wondering what suggestions you guys have for lines to carry.
    here is what im thinking
    JL Audio
    Alpine
    Pioneer Premier
    Kenwood Excelon
    Focal
    Some Clarion
    Pyramid

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

ID... We need more ID dealers.

Adire.

ED will do storefront sales, just not online sales through dealers. Contact Alaska (edsignsSPL I think he goes by here)

Offer supersubs within more price ranges.

Oh, Pyramid is not High end dude :lol:

3. MMats4life

MMats4life Full Member

the pyramid was a joke :lol:
    ID is a good possibility... the smaller companies may not fly too good in this area... this type of clientel isnt looking for the best deal... they just want good products and good installs.
    Once everything is up and running then i may grap some other things to experiment like ED.

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

none of those brands listed are HIGH end

Arc
    Brax
    Helix
    Rainbow
    Zapco
    Xtant
    etc are HIGH end

JL is DEFINATLY not, I would not even sell them -- they only have a 90day/1year warranty

5. MMats4life

MMats4life Full Member

JL Audio products are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of Ninety (90) Days from the original date of purchase.

Warranty coverage is extended if the product is installed by an Authorized JL Audio Dealer OR the system design and installation integrity are evaluated and approved by an Authorized JL Audio Dealer (in writing on the original sales receipt).

The available warranty coverage extension varies by product category, as follows:
    Subwoofer Drivers: One (1) Year
    Evolution™ Speaker Systems: One (1) Year
    Enclosed Subwoofer Systems (incl. Stealthbox™): Two (2) Years
    Amplifiers: Two (2) Years

All warranty service requires original sales receipt documentation.

----I know your such a JL fan ... sont like the warantee policy.

6. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Yea, i'd consider JL a good company, but i believe Michael's list really embodies my definition of "high end equipment."

You'll have a very hard time getting Brax/Helix, i believe they're a little snobby with who they allow to sell their equipment. I'd look into getting Tru Technology though. They're getting big very quickly, and a few people have rated the C7 from their Copper Series above some of the Brax amps in terms of features and sound and everything else they consider.

If it were going to be my shop, I'd probably carry:

ID
    Rainbow
    Tru
    Zapco
    Phoenix Gold
    Autotek
    JL or Focal

Gotta have lines to meet up with everyone's budget.

7. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Oh and Seth, i don't know if i told you but there's actually and ID dealer up here where i'm going to school. I'm waiting for the MAX 10's to come and then i'm gonna see if he's willing to let me audition one in the car. :D

8. assneckavenger

assneckavenger Full Member

syphony if i spelled it right.

9. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

errr, Sinfoni? :D

As far as top notch amps go, Arc, Zapco, and PG ti are all high end and they have mainstream brand name awareness. When spending a lot of money on a product, name recognition does hold some weight. The aformentioned companies all have name recognition as well as respect by "high end" customers. In fact, PG's entire Titanium/Titanium Elite line, comps, amps, subs, etc. would be a great addition. You could probably throw in Dynaudio, too. Or maybe put together a DIY set using Madisound/PartsExpress drivers. Show customers "high end comps" without the "high end price".

$.02
    B)

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

errr, Sinfoni? :D

As far as top notch amps go, Arc, Zapco, and PG ti are all high end and they have mainstream brand name awareness. When spending a lot of money on a product, name recognition does hold some weight. The aformentioned companies all have name recognition as well as respect by "high end" customers. In fact, PG's entire Titanium/Titanium Elite line, comps, amps, subs, etc. would be a great addition. You could probably throw in Dynaudio, too. Or maybe put together a DIY set using Madisound/PartsExpress drivers. Show customers "high end comps" without the "high end price".

$.02
    B) [/b][/quote]
    dont look for him to sell the TI elite subs,

He says they suck, I can not agree or disagree has I have never even seen one im person

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

You did tell me. I would love to hear that little beast.

12. MMats4life

MMats4life Full Member

dont look for him to sell the TI elite subs,

He says they suck, I can not agree or disagree has I have never even seen one im person [/b][/quote]
    yeah... had a very bad expeince with PG and lost me alot of money and a one of my biggest customers b/c of that sub.... now im sort of bocotting them. There customer service was horrible and i was almost ready to take an 800 dollar sub ... pour a gallon of gasonline on it and watch it burn... that would be after i plugged it into the wall socket.
    thanks for the ideas guys.

13. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

If I was going to open a store, I'd want the following:

HU's:

Denon (high end)
    Eclipse (mid to higher end, plus no online compeitition)
    Pioneer Premier (very wide product range; totally different looks than either of the above)

Speakers:

Focal (good range; popular products)
    Canton (rare, priced well, sound great)
    Boston (gives you more variety; Z series are supposed to be great)
    Either DLS or Rainbow

Subs:

Onyx (biased here, but they are up and coming and have a fairly unique product line)
    JL (W6v2 and W7 only)
    Focal
    ID

Amps:

Zapco
    DLS
    Brax
    Helix
    TRU (C series is VERY unique; other lines are very, very solid, even the T series)

I would say Arc, but I think Zapco and Arc at the same shop would be too similar of product to sell both well.

Just my opinions. :)