Suggestion for an amp please

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by CarAudioNub, Nov 1, 2011.

1. CarAudioNub

CarAudioNub Full Member

Okay actually I have several questions lol.

First, I have 2 10 inch 350 watt pioneer subs that are older, but hardly used. They still work perfectly fine. However, I need my own amp but don't know where to start. Also, my headunit supplies 200 watts of power for my door speakers.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/Speakers/6.5''_Oversized_n_6.5''_Speakers/KFC-P709PS

I would have went bigger, but I got these for a killer deal at 30$ a pair. So they'll work for now. Anyways, will I need a seperate 4 channel amp for these or will the headunit hold?

I know it's all small and not impressive but I'm still in high school and have to buy everything on my own. So with minimum wage and paying for car insurance/ repairs it's pretty hard to find much spare cash. Basically, I'm not looking for anything grand, but enough to make this stuff sound decent.

Thanks!!!

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Your head unit only puts out 15-watts per channel. Many manufacturers stretch the truth alot, but the reality is, 15-watts per channel.

There are alot of good reasonably priced amps out there. I use the PowerBass Amp in my wifes car. It works well.

[​IMG]

Do alot of searching. You want to look at the RMS power rating. Its more real.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  3. CarAudioNub

CarAudioNub Full Member

UPDATE

I have found a Pyle four channel 1600 watt bridgeable amp for only 50 bucks and it has hardly been used and newer. I tested it at the guy's house and it works perfectly fine with a set of 12 inch jls. Am I able to use this for my subs? I know absolutely -nothing- about car audio. It wouldn't be -too- much power for them would it? Thanks again!!!

4. saikman

saikman Member

You want to make sure the Amp's RMS is more than the RMS on the speaker. There are a lot of other alternative amps you can use like Sound storm and Planet Audio that are better than the Pyle and comparable or a little bit higher in price.