Subs?

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by jonnyv713, May 20, 2008.

1. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

i was thinkin maybe 4 12's in the back of the Cutlass but idk which kind, i wasw thinkin about the 39.99 powerbass's with a 1000RMS amp wired in series to make 1 ohm. but i was lookin and seen soundstream subs? what r those, never seen em before.

2. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Soundstream has been around for a long time, but the company has changed hands once or twice they still make a very good product. Id choose soundstream over pb anyday.

3. jonnyv713

well, was it ranger that knew a guy somehow that had some pb's and they were louder that some jl's or something?

4. jonnyv713

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

a couple of L5's will get the job done.

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

ranger put some subs in his sons car. very loud.

go for the inexpencive subs. the right box and amp will pound.

7. jonnyv713

the L5's would look awesome, but would the PB's have more cone area therefore louder? i want a pounding system for like really cheap.

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

pedro is right. PB's are cheap and pretty good subs. can't beat the price and since you're dropping a lot of money in fixing up your car right now i'd go with a cheaper sub for now. You can always upgrade later on.

Gohilla had a couple of PB 15"s in his car. He was pretty happy with them as well. then he changed them...

And we can't forget about Ranger. If he said they are good then you gotta believe it... Just make sure you have a good box for them.

9. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Who was it on here saying they got fake stuff, I think it was PB or Focal. I cant remember now. If they are 2 cheap it might be for a reason.

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I was talking about fake focal. i think it was gohilla that said he got his hands on some fake PB 10" subs.

11. jonnyv713

these are from sonics tho, the wouldn sell fake stuff, would they?

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

they won't sell you fakes..

13. jonnyv713

k so would 2 or 4 work better?

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

4???? how much are the PB subs? your getting 12's? what amp will you be using for the PB's?

15. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

well with 4 of those PB subs you can get a 1ohm load, with only 2 your looking at a 2ohm load.

I would also suggest you look at the Hifonics BXI1206D. they're better than the TXI's.

Why don't you invest in some better subs. like 2 12's dual voice coil. those PB's you picked are only single voice coil.

16. pedro quiroga

looks to me like you have the making of a good sub stage

17. pedro quiroga

he can but 4 will have more cone area and move more air.

if they fit do it!
    if not 4 10's

18. cccullen

cccullen Full Member