Subs for the boy..

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by Willy D, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

Hey guys...I want to put a couple of 10"s in a box for my son to put in his car. I am not sure what else he may need. He lives with his mom and I have not really seen the car and stereo set-up. He likes the HU and it is a Sony...I need to find out which model. My thought was if the HU and 4 speakers sounded decent, I would add an amp and subs. I have an oldschool Soundstream amp that I will run the subs with. It is a decent amp in terms of power, not insane wattage, but a good clean amp that should do. I plan to build the box and put a couple 10's in it...lookin for something decent for not a ton of cash. I know it's all in the box too....So what do you guys think?

Music taste is mostly rock, not metal or heavy and not much into rap. He is not lookin for thump thump thump. I wanna set it up for a nice SQ sound just to round out the low octaves on the system..He is 19

So whadda u think?

2. monster71

monster71 Full Member

Just my 2 cents. If not looking for that thump thump maybe shoot for 1 10 in sub in a sealed box. There are many subs that will do the job. Not sure about budget or amp power but I used to run 1 type R and damn that this was wicked (i want thump so now i have the pair). I also had a fosgate p2. I liked that but i blew out the vc with my mtx 500d.

3. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

not a bad idea...I had an extended cab pick up truck a while ago. I had a JL sub in it. It was a 10" and it was not a real expensive version. I had in a a Qforms box from crutchfield that fit under the rear seat on the driver side. It was a sealed box. I ran it off of a Blaupunkt amp and the front and rears ran off my Kenwood HU...That set-up sounded damn good actually...