Sub-zero Sub enclosures

Discussion in 'Car Audio Classifieds' started by theonecalledtod, Sep 2, 2006.

1. theonecalledtod

theonecalledtod Full Member

Hi everyone!!! Im glad to inform you that i will be re-attemping the sub boxes on this forum.Building high quality boxes (3/4" MDF board, completely air tight seals checked several times).
    These boxes will be available at competitive pricing. This is the base we are looking at here, they can, of course be customized for your box if requested,
    but as a base they are designed to sound good with most subwoofers. If you require different sized sub holes,bigger or smaller box, or a complete customization, please specify in your post.
    Sealed boxes- sealed boxes provide great sound quality and are our prefered boxes u due to our limited shop size and supplies.

Sealed single boxes
    10"- .75cu. ft.=$45 plus shipping
    12"- 1.25 cu. ft.= $65 plus shipping
    15"- 2.0 cu. ft.= $85 plus shpping

dual sealed boxes
    10"- 1.5 cu ft.= $70 plus shipping
    12"- 2.5 cu ft.=$90 plus shipping
    15"- 3.75 cu ft.=$110 plus shipping** might have to be freight because of size**

ported boxes-As for ported boxes, these are base prices, for individual quote, please contact me on here or viz PM
    single ported
    10"- 1.25 cu.ft.=$65 plus shipping
    12"- 1.75 cu ft.=$85 plus shipping

dual ported
    10"- 1.25 cuft. per chamber= $150 plus shipping
    12"- 1.75 cuft. per chamber= $175 plus shipping

ALSO, 13" JL BOXES CAN BE MADE TOO UPON REQUEST
    sealed, single-$70 dual-$95
    ported, single-$90 dual-$180

***SPECS 10" boxes have 9 1/8" cutouts, 12" boxes have 11 1/8" cutouts. If you need the exact dimensions due to trunk/space issues drop me a pm, also my email is theonecalledtodd@yahoo.com**

ONE BIG THING! I AM PAYPAL CERTAFIED, AND THAT IS THE PREFERED METHOD. AT THIS MOMENT I AM ONLY ACCEPTING PAYPAL (i got screwed out of a COD last time)
    Thank you for buisness
    Todd C

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

So. what kind of wood do you use?

What kind of glue?

What kind of sealant?

Waht kind of fasteners?

Are they painted, covered , plain ol wood?

Do you internally brace?

Do you Know HOW to properly tune a vented enclosure?

What kind of vents do you use?

Are the vents radiused?

What is the warrenty on your "boxes"?

How many cubic inches in a cubic foot?

Why does a vent make noise?

Why does a driver unload at subsonic levels?

Do you know how to build a bandpass enclosure specific to a particular speaker?

What is the most gain i can expect out of a 12 inch woofer that has a rating of 87 dB at 2.83 volts from 20-100Hz and 5 mm of x-max, in the average car?

Will you make me some waffles and orange juice? i am hungry......

Thank you for your answers......

3. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

rofl i love waffles with lots of surup but i prefer milk with them over OJ
    think i should trash it or is it legit?

4. TheViking

****ing trash it

well le6t it ride for a day or two

other folk might want to have fun

5. CadillacETC1997

ook well since this one is at least audio involved i will let it stay for a min till it gets out of hand then i must delete it

6. TheViking

By the way, would SOMEONE get rid of the phucking "cuss filter"!!!!!!!!!!!

Why even have it? if someone dosent like what i say using my favorite adverbs and adjectives, thats THIER problem, not mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it makes the spam slams so much more fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, phuck u in the arse!!!!!!!!! gawdammed mutherphucking cawk canyon subbox builders!!!!!!!!!! Muhahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. CadillacETC1997

pm joey and let him know...

8. theonecalledtod

oops, sorry yall was overtaken by other things at the moment ....And heres the list too.....

ALL boxes are constructed of 3/4" MDF Board. The boxes are strengthened from the inside to prevent flex (so you dont lose bass or break the box) and all boxes are held together by wood screws AND extra stength wood glue. The boxes are then sealed on the inside by non-abrasive sealant (so your subs are OK). Then, the finished box is covered by carpet (put on with adhesive, not nails like some cheap boxes) and given a last inspection before shipped out.

For right now the only carpet color i have i charcoal gray, but later i will be getting tan and perhaps other colors too.

also, what were your other questions, the ones pertaining to the box, not in depth audio profesional terms, this is a box making buisness here, not an audio school....

9. theonecalledtod

and i would appreciate it if you would let it be and not delete it, i wil prove myself in due time, i have a website under construction, about 4 boxes booked for next week, we are a normally local buisness simply looking to expand our horizons, Subzero car audio. I assure you, i WILL have pictures in the near future along with vouches as well, i simply intend to pass along saving to you all. I am also willing to do my first few orders on here at a dicount to build up rep. if i succede in proving myself, would you all edit your posts to not draw buisness away pleasE?

10. theonecalledtod

ill be back tomarrow morning if any of you decide to show back up for me. goodnight

11. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I'll take my waffles with strawberries and a dollupp (sp?? lol) of whipped cream...thanks

P.S. - I'm in room 104

12. CadillacETC1997

guy seems legit and clean viking...
    like i said its gonna stay less it gets out of hand in which case ill have to clean it up

13. theonecalledtod

what kind of wood do you use?

What kind of glue?

What kind of sealant?

Waht kind of fasteners?

Are they painted, covered , plain ol wood?

Do you internally brace?
    i dont have the supplies on me right this second, but, industrial strength woodglue
    non-abvrasive sealant, 1 1/2" wood screws, 3/4"mdf board

Do you Know HOW to properly tune a vented enclosure?
    yes, but the equation is long to post right now

What kind of vents do you use?
    slot vents

Do you internally brace?
    yes, and added bracing is an option for "high powered" systems

How many cubic inches in a cubic foot?

Why does a vent make noise?
    if your talking of what i think you are, it makes noise when there isnt enough room
    for the air to comfortably pass(i think thats what you mean)

Do you know how to build a bandpass enclosure specific to a particular speaker?
    Do not do bandpass enclosures, prefer to stick to sealed and vented.