Stereo Integrity Update

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by I8apony19, Jan 30, 2004.

1. I8apony19

I8apony19 Full Member

I am very ashamed of myself for not showing my face around the forums lately. School, holidays, and a whole slew of computer troubles have kept me from input on this board...

...BUT....I have been working on a FG for my Mags for the past 3 weeks...so I have been doing something related to car audio!!!!

:(

Anyways...this may or may not be the BESTEST of news for you Adire guys ;) , but Stereo Integrity will be releasing two drivers next month, both are on sale for pre-order.

12" Magnum D2
    15" Magnum D2

These drivers will be different from the first production run in only one way....basket...The basket that SI originally used (the claw or Russian Basket) is no longer being produced...

THEREFORE, SI will be releasing the 12 and 15" models with the 12 spoke basket (taking a page from the Brahma) in a silver powdercoat paint scheme...

The numbers on the 12" will be EXACTLY the same as those from the first batch....and the PRELIMINARY specs on the 15" are as follows...

Qt: .379
    Qe .415
    Qm: 4.38
    Fs: 29.6 Hz
    Re: 3.72
    Le: 4.6
    Vas: 147.2
    Mms: 277 g
    Cms: 103.4
    BL: 21.5
    SPL: 91.5 dB (1W/1M)

Prices

12" 300 shipped
    15" 350 shipped

The price of the 15" are subject to change only after the pre-order has ended (Feb 27th is the magical date...)

Orders are being accepted now...please contact nick@stereointegrity.com for further information or purchasing...

Thanks for your time....

P.S. Fiberglass pictures of my install will be uploaded and presented shortly...Bondo'ing tomorrow :)

2. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

What is the xmax, weight, power rating and impedances available for 15? Dual 2 Ohm would be the only impedance available? What are the box requirements? And this is a long time to wait, LOL...

3. I8apony19

I8apony19 Full Member

Due to the fact that this driver is suppose to be VERY similar to it's little brother..I'd assume that the power ratings would be a bit less conservative (then again..a Mag laughs at twice it's RMS anyways). One good thing to notice about the 15" model is that it looks like it will have an F3 very similar (or a bit higher) than that of the Brahma...(which is good news to the shoe box fans out there)....

...Let me know if you need any more info...but I only can give what I know ;)

I'm 99% sure that the 15" will have the same VC config at Dual 2 ohms...

Xmax should be on par with the 22-23mm the 12" exerts...

4. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

I'm sure there is room in the industry for both companies. And becides, with a quick look at the parameters, it looks like it is designed for a more large box SPL design (not saying it doesn't sound good BTW) than the Brahma. So I would say they have a somewhat different customer base.

Good luck! I can't wait to see some pics.

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Agreed Steven.

Everything that I have heard about SI and how Nick handles things, are top notch. That is why I suggested I wanted to be a dealer for them, CS and quality... If the Mfg can't offer those 2 qualities, I don't want anything to do with them.

Nick and Stereo Integrety have my 2 thumbs up... Integrity, a great choice for the companies name :yes: .

Congrats to SI, and again... never feel as if it is a bad thing, or something we don't consider a good thing. You guys are most welcome here.

6. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Absolutely! We like our SI guys. B)

And using the same basket sure doesn't make for the same woofer... so I think 'little fear' from the Brahma guys. :lol:

Lots and lots and lots and lots of companies use the 12 spoke.
    We built our XBL^2 prototype subs with the 12 spoke even long before Adire did, in fact. :D

I don't think the Brahma and Mag are in the same 'category', if you will, are they?
    The Brahma being a high-excursion, flat-BL driver that uses XBL^2 motor architecture and a complimentary progressive spider to flatten out both BL and Cms curves... it's design essentially resulting in an "ultra-SQ" driver that happened to have big-boom potential as an interesting side-effect (of high-excursion) if you will.

The Mag I assumed used overhung voice coil architecture... and I'm not sure what the BL or Cms curve shapes would be like.
    It would seem that the Mag would probably be more efficient than the Brahma though.

7. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

From hearing the Brahma and reading reviews on the Mag, it seems as if they would be polar opposites. The Mag has been described as a 12" midbass i believe, and the Brahma is certainly not that ;).

8. I8apony19

I8apony19 Full Member

The Mag IS far more efficient than the Brahma...it's also VERY VERY conservative in it's power ratings ;)

As far as categories go....they may be polar opposites as far as raw excursion...but I would rank the Mag and Brahma as two of the most cleanest, accurated drivers I've ever heard..along with loudest :p

I was just playin' with the Adire guys...I love you...in fact...I need to find a B15...I REALLY REALLY want XBL^2 to play with along side my Magnums..I've heard a B15 and it was like heaven...something in the 3-3.5 cubes tuned to 27hz range would be absolute BLISS!!

9. Electrodynamic

Electrodynamic Full Member

A 12" midbass? Riiiight. :rolleyes: If you consider an in-car flat response down to (and below) 20 Hz a midbass driver, then yes, it is a midbass driver. The Magnum D2 was designed to have a flat response in an average vehicle...not have an over-abundance of low-end. Have you ever heard a Magnum D2 12"?

On the note of the 15" - It will be available in dual 2 Ohm VC configuration only. The reason for this? We are simply too small of a company to offer/manufacture different VC configurations at this point. The driver will be rated at ~650 watts rms, but it will take a lot more than that (as every Magnum owner knows). If we were to rate our coils the way that a lot of other car audio companies do we could sit there and say the Mag's were rated at 1000 and 1200 watts RMS, but that would simply be stretching the truth beyond what the coil itself can actually handle (based on hi-fi industry standard static coil testing). We don't like to stretch the truth with marketing hype, so we tell it like it is. Ask any engineer how much any 3" coil can take and you'll be hard pressed to find one that says 1000+ watts RMS. 'ever wonder why hi-fi drive units (Focal, Peerless, Cabasse) always have relatively low RMS power ratings compared to some car audio drivers? :blink:

10. Tirefryr

Tirefryr Full Member

And they will still pound like mad and sound good as hell!!

I was a big Adire fan at one time. Got the Brahma when it first came out and it had tinsel slap. Annoyed the hell out fo me, and discouraged me at the same time. I have since strayed from Adire(soon to change!).

I must say, I am intruiged how I have never heard one bad thing mentioned about 1 of Nick's drivers. Not 1. Add to fact that I have to listen to Clarke sing to me the praises of his Mags EVERYTIME I TALK TO HIM :D I find myself wanting to invest in some of these.

Everyone has different "ears" and I don't know if these drivers will suit me, but they've done quite well for the people that have them.

It's nice to see options coming from a different "camp" and hopefully Nick can parlay this into something bigger and better and just keep pumpin out good music.

11. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

The SI as a midbass comments were ridiculous. Nick, did Loyd, when he put up those insane numbers with the D2's, burp at 200 hz?

Flat down below 20 hz in car...that's good enough for me. Kinda hard to hear below that :) You have a spl competitor who loves them (Loyd), you have a sq champ (Josh), then you have a million other users who love these things to death. Most negative comments aimed at SI are from Adire/ED/RE loyalists who saw the new kid on the block.

BTW, any word on the 6.5" components I heard rumblings about?

:)

12. Electrodynamic

Electrodynamic Full Member

The 6.5's have been put on the backburner for now. We've only had a couple people ask about them, which isn't enough to justify making them.

13. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Woah wait.

That's a rather sweeping and fallacious statement there don't you think?

This coming from someone who touts "don't lump us all in the same group" bullshit all over the place? If you look on this thread alone, every single Adire fan/dealer on it is praising Nick and SI, every single one.

A JL fan comes aboard, someone who likes nothing about Adire equipment, put's up his dislike of Adire and their "Ethics" all over the place and spouts off crap like that and you accuse the Adire/RE and ED guys of it?

I have to wonder about this. That was a pretty shitty generalization there, obviously based in zero fact, and directed toward small internet company fans. Reall shitty especially coming from you.

You used to sing the ED song too remember? What happened there?

14. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

For your information I stick up for nick all the time i have only got the chance to hear his driver a couple times, However nick is a cool guy and i have known him alot long then prolly some of you have known him. I remember When he was GZman on the boards and on AIM and all he could do to help sell a GZ product. This guy Is an awesome help to everyone on the boards. I for one respect this Guy alot and i like his drivers. Guess what I am a Adire/RE loyalist. The only thing i dont like about nicks product is his build house. Thats it. Doesnt mean i wont buy it. I have yet to see any Adire/RE loyalist bash his product.

Scott Stoner

15. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I've never heard one...this is only what i've read. A comment like that would make me want to hear one more since i like snappy bass much more than low bass...it wasn't meant as a deragotory remark.

The Magnum is a sub that i've wanted to hear for quite some time now actually. I believe you guys are based somewhat near me as well (Mooresville, NC?).

16. Tirefryr

Tirefryr Full Member

Thread title: Stereo Integrity Update.

Thread material: 70% unrelated to thread title.

Let's get back on track here.

So when are we gonna see some pics of the drivers?

17. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

Bah same board

18. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

Woah wait.

That's a rather sweeping and fallacious statement there don't you think?

This coming from someone who touts "don't lump us all in the same group" bullshit all over the place? If you look on this thread alone, every single Adire fan/dealer on it is praising Nick and SI, every single one.

A JL fan comes aboard, someone who likes nothing about Adire equipment, put's up his dislike of Adire and their "Ethics" all over the place and spouts off crap like that and you accuse the Adire/RE and ED guys of it?

I have to wonder about this. That was a pretty shitty generalization there, obviously based in zero fact, and directed toward small internet company fans. Reall shitty especially coming from you.

You used to sing the ED song too remember? What happened there? [/b][/quote]
    Seth, I think you misinterpreted what I said...or maybe I said it wrong. I was strictly talking about those who badmouthed it for no apparent reason...many without looking at the specs OR listening to it. If someone doesn't like it because they don't like the "sound", I could care less. People like the sound of different products for different reasons, and I more than except that. You can't dislike the sound of a product, however, if you've never heard it or seen it's specs. My comment was in no way directed at all the people who may dislike SI products and the "sound" they produce. It was a statement about the few who called the sub a midbass without any reason or reason with merit. This also had nothing to do with small internet company fans...I'm still a big fan of ED, Adire, RE, and other small-ish companies that put the customer ahead of increased sales.

Brand boners are silly, and putting another company down to defend your brand is sillier...that's exactly how I interpreted the midbass comparisons when I read them.

BTW, I used the word "most" in that quote...I've only actually read a handful of negative things about SI altogether! Again, this was in no way a bash, necessarily, on those very few. Just the boneheads that based their arguments on anything but merit.

19. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Once again i'll reiterate that my comment was not meant to be negative. I personally like subs that are very quick and snappy sounding. I cleared that up a few posts above.

20. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Yeah, good point. I'm gonna be forced to split this.

Let's not take away from what SI is doing fellas. This is their thread, and their time. Let's respect the SI guys, the company, the products, and Nick. Stick to the topic at hand please.