Speaker size, 6X9 worth the trouble?

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by ajackson141, Apr 7, 2011.

1. ajackson141

ajackson141 Full Member

so im not going to be happy untill i get something for the rear deck of my 01 Trans am. Im compleatly doing away with the monsoon, they currently have a 4'' driver and a tweet in the rear deck, Im going to have to do some cutting and im not super happy about it, so whats everyone think, is the 6x9 worth it or should I go with something smaller 5X7?

2. monster71

monster71 Full Member

I have 6x9s in front doors and rear deck. Sounds pretty good. I have 2 ways. Im not competing so im ok with not using components.

3. ajackson141

ajackson141 Full Member

well, iv got a set of R componets for the front doors, a set of X components for the rear seat, I just need something for the rear deck. Im not sure which way im going to go but I really feel like I need some rear fill or the components are going to be far too much.

4. soulfly

soulfly Full Member

just for rear fill, i would just get a decent 4" speaker and baffle it if your using a sub.
    If your not using a sub, then i would go for 6x9.

5. ajackson141

ajackson141 Full Member

i plan to run a sub someday, but loud clear sound is first on the "to do list". I just hate to cut up the factory set up. I think ill make sure to cut it so i can put it back together at some point if need be.

6. ajackson141

ajackson141 Full Member

after taking a closer look this afternoon I realized that 6X9 speakers just arnt going to fit. Im pretty sure i can make a set of 5X7's work. If not 5x7's then im going to have to go with 5.25's. I dont have the width to have a 6'' speaker. :(