spare tire delima

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by beaux, Mar 1, 2002.

1. beaux

beaux Full Member

Do you consider your sterio system a practical reason for ditching your spare tire?

Also....Bronco's have a rack on the back for the spare.....can you modify those to fit an 89 S-10 Blazer....or do they make them for blazers?

2. spyder3634

spyder3634 Full Member

i thought they made them for blazers. my friends 1991 blazer has one.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Fix A Flat, got some in my Nat.

5. striker754

striker754 Guest

Fix A Flat does nothing for a sidewall blowout....

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Buy good tires and watch where you're going.

Last summer I was on my way back from the beach,, I left my cell at home, and I was out in the middle of nowhere. I had to piss BAD!!! I pulled over on the breakdown lane and heard a huge BANG!!!!! I saw some assholes jack come flying out from behind my car. Needless to say, I reamed my tire, with no spare. I used fix a flat on rawhide shoelace (from my work boots) folded over a flat scrwedriver 3 times and jammed it into the hole. I filled the tire with fix a flat and drove 20 miles to the next exit and filled the rest of the tire with air. I drove home another 90-100 miles.

Moral of the story: I am creative and I was able to listen to my tunes while I fixed my tire. Who needs a spare if you've got boom!!!

7. kbog

kbog Full Member

You could also get AAA or a similar service. I Have roadside assist and although I would want to always rely on it. It would be enough for me to loe my spare and keep a can of fix-a-flat around.

8. superman

superman Guest

KEEP YOUR SPARE!!! It's just when you are in a desolate area or you are in a big hurry when you get a flat. Get that spare tire adapter that Michael suggested if you absolutely feel you need the space. I never like to see anyone learn the hard way, that would suck to get a bad flat (one that isn't fixable) and be at the mercy of the passing motorists, or a guy with a flat bed that wants to charge you an arm and a leg to transport your crippled vehicle. Find a way to keep the spare!!

9. smart_cookie

smart_cookie Full Member

i had an 88 and an 89 s10 blazer and they do make the spare tire rack to fit them, they are easy to install as well, but it may be just easier to purchase the one that goes into your trailor hitch reciever.