Sony Xplod Aux Problems!!!

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by bigginz3223, Nov 19, 2010.

1. bigginz3223

bigginz3223 New Member

Ok, so Im not the best when it comes to elctronics but I know the basics and I installed this Sony Xplod head unit by myself. The unit sounds great and everything is in working order except the AUX. I bought a new Aux cord to got from the unit to the ipod but Im getting no sound. I clicked through the settings and tuned the AUX ON and still no help. There is another setting that looks like it says A:NO A:305...A:60....I have no idea what these are but i went through all of them and nothing still. At one point the unit said Aux failure. Anyone know what the next step is or whats wrong? Please help!!!!

2. Klinkster

Klinkster Full Member

A dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway.....

Have you read the Instruction manual?

What model # HU you have?

3. bigginz3223

bigginz3223 New Member

Yes I have read the manual....It told me to do everything that Ive done. Ive been reading stuff on internet about maybe its the wiring since there is a factory amp. Something about connecting the blue wire to the red wire...one said switch the blue wires...IDK....Im getting lost....Id hate to go pay best buy 50 bucks for 5 min of work

4. Klinkster

Klinkster Full Member

The "factory amp" is built inside the headunit. If everything else is working fine, its NOT a wiring issue. If AUX isn't functioning, its either a setting not set right, or the Head unit is broken. As far as I know, the only settings I've seen for AUX is the gain so you can match the AUX volume level with the Radio and CD volumes so there isn't a blaring difference when switching functions. Even with that turned to the minimum, you should still hear it.

Another question..... You do have the volume turned up and not muted on your IPOD, right?

Another test you could do is to use a different source(like a portable CD player) and a different cable to rule out that the cable isn't bad or the Ipod isn't causing the issue.