Some radio stations don't work with amp connected?

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by skatingrocker17, Oct 7, 2011.

1. skatingrocker17

skatingrocker17 Full Member

A little background on the issue:

I have a 2006 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT and I had my first head unit installed in December 2009. The 2 radio stations (101.1 WRIF and 88.7 CIMX out of Windsor/Detoit) I listened to most came in perfectly.

In January of this year I installed a Kenwood DNX6960 navigation system and the stations worked fine, a couple of days later I installed a 1200watt Pioneer amp and 2 12" subwoofers and then it was nothing but static. I tried just about everything and never got them to work while other stations that were closer to me in the Toledo, Ohio area came in just fine. The two stations I wanted to listen to still remained clear in my moms SUV and my dads truck.

Today, I installed a Sony XVT-770BT navigation system and before hooking up the amp I tested the stations and they came in just fine. Then I hooked up the amp and put everything back together and they were static again. So I took it all apart and disconnected the amp wire (the blue one, not the RCA cables) and they suddenly worked.

The question is, why can't I get these stations with my amp connected? I have sort of ghetto rigged it by bringing the blue amp wire out of the dash and just twisting them together when I want to listen to those stations.

2. skatingrocker17

skatingrocker17 Full Member

[video=youtube_share;i92aR_Wb2gM]http://youtu.be/i92aR_Wb2gM?hd=1[/video]