Seafoam And Got No Smoke?!?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by pedro quiroga, Apr 6, 2008.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

ok like the title says i did 1/3 of a can of sea foam and waited 5 min or so and when i started my truck up i got ZERO smoke.:huh:

did it mean i didnt need to do it.? she has 205,000 miles on her.

i went in thru the brake booster line and it feeds right into the intake.

i drove it and it seems fine.ran like before.

any thoughts?:confused:

oh and i run on SHELL gas around 99% of the time 87oct.

2. pedro quiroga

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

That's funny, seafoam should make your truck smoke. are you sure you did it right?

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

did the engine bog down as you were pouring it in??

5. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

is Seafoam a east coast thing, I cant find it here in Cali, or do you order it online??? Will it clean carbon build up off of pistons??

6. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Seafoam is a cleaner for the engine and fuel system. When sucked into the intake like that, and when run through the gas, it removes the carbon build-up on the intake and the valves. The more smoke, the more carbon you had built up.

With engine warm, slowly pour 1/3 to 1/2 pint through carburetor or throttle body throat. (If vehicle is port injected slowly pour SEA FOAM through direct manifold vacuum line that will feed all cylinders, possible sources are P.C.V. valve or brake booster line.) This will pull SEA FOAM down on top of the pistons and to the back of the intake valves to dissolve carbon. Turn ignition off. Restart engine after 5 minutes. If severe carbon build up is apparent, use more Sea Foam as previously directed. Make sure exhaust is well ventilated when using Sea Foam in these various ways as fumes will be extreme for a short time.
    Pour 1/3 to 1/2 pint into oil crank case to clean rings, lifters, dirty parts and remove moisture.
    Pour 1/3 to 1 full pint into fuel tank to clean injectors, carburetor jets, fuel lines and remove moisture.
    Immediate Results: Smoother idle, increased R.P.M.'s better throttle response and improved performance. See label on can for detailed results for use in each area.
    FUEL TANK, CARBURETOR, INJECTION and OIL CRANKCASE.

got that from another forum... fstrfvo, you can order it online.

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

It cleans a lot of the carbon out of my engine...My engine runs a lot smoother after the treatment.

I'll take a video next time I do my truck soon after I change the oil

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

what brand do you use?

9. pedro quiroga

a little.i didnt pour it in too fast.

but the truck does run some what better.i noticed better pick up with the a/c on.

10. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

arent u supposed to change ure oil after u do it or no? its what i heard and idk if thats really good to do or not.

11. pedro quiroga

if you pour it into your crankcase.its like using kerosene.

12. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

so yay or nay lol?

13. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

is it some sort of kerosene? we don't have seafoam here. is there an alternative to get the same results?

14. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Ok I found some in a mom and pop auto parts store. I put 1 can in the gas tank, 1 in crankcase and put 1/3 bottle in brake booster line. I got the same results as pedro no smoke, it gave a little puff of white smoke but that was it. What gives??? The only thing on the bottle that says you need to change your oil after putting it in is if its going in the tranny. 6.99 a can is that what you guys pay for it? The problem is with my wifes car is that it pings a lot, 3.0 v6 with 110899 miles and all factory original except for battery, alternator and 1 o2 sensor. The engine does not have a knock sensor, ive tried all the additives, marvel mystery, lucas, gumout etc.. Im looking toward the EGR valve not opening all the way but its not throwing any codes. Any idea cause running premium gas is getting expensive?

15. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

From what i was reading, most put about 1/2 bottle in the brake booster line. How much is premium now in in California? Here, just regular unleaded is now over $4 a gallon...

16. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

Premium is $3.77 a gallon at a chevron down the street for my house... gotta put it in the benz.

17. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

One whole can in the oil is too much...1/3 can is plenty.

I always pour 1/3 to 1/2 in the oil and drive for 200-300 miles. It really helps clean out the gunk.

Then I change the oil...it looks really really dirty after the treatment...not even a black color but a dirty muddy dark brownish color

18. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Premium gas is around 3.90 and reg is around 3.60. So I should change my oil in a few days, thats a bummer cause I just changed it a week ago with Royal Purple.

19. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

You can also buy it at O' Reily's, checked there earlier today. Probably going to try some out.

20. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Well...yeah. You change your oil after using it.

Yeah it is bummer now because Royal Purple is cheap lol