Saturday night hang out

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by cccullen, Jul 13, 2009.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

well, there wasn't that much of a turn out last saturday night cuz the weather wasn't that great and i left early so there may have been a lot of people that came when i left. Anyway, the first set of pics is a good friend of mine, he's using the focal 10" in his doors with 7" focal mids and peerless tweets. for his subs he's just using 2 15" CVR's.. Old school PPI for his amps... And it's all DIY except for the painting which he had done.. here's a few pics

I have more coming. the wifey is still emailing to me. lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

the 2nd car that was there is also using old school PPI, kicker comps for subs and active ciare speakers...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

ZOMG!! those are some sweet old school stuff.

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Yes, it is... i would love to get my hands on those old school PPI amps for my mids and highs... very clean amps!

6. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

how does the six 12's sound?

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

even though he's sealed and is only using kicker comps, it's pretty loud. the overall system it VERY loud and VERY clean sounding. I didn't like his mids that much but he just installed the ciare speakers in the doors so he's still breaking them in. so his bass is a little overpowering his mids and highs.

these guys aren't really going for SPL. they are more for clean sound so they didn't really put their money in their subs. BUT they both sound awesome.

IMO, the first one i post sounds REALLY clean.. bass and mids and highs are well evenly matched.. his midbass and highs are sick! you literally can't hear yourself talk when they play.

8. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

man i wish they had a bunch of ppl that got together that loved car audio down here...like they do for car meets

9. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

that's sweet, you should try to get some vids man.

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I'll do that this coming saturday. my other friend with the 8 12" DD's will be there and i get some vids.