Re-coning My Ed's (cdt Baskets)

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Poseur, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Poseur

Poseur Full Member

Okay, so I've bene busy playing with my dual 4" midranges and haven't reallymuch paid anymide to the nice baskets with no suspension or cones on them that I've got sitting around now. I know during th eheat of things back when the eD crap started a couplefew mentioned I could have them re-coned many other places, and I'm now looking to have that done. ANyone capable of doing this, or know who to go to for it?

2. Poseur

Poseur Full Member

oh, I'm talking about CDT HD 6.75" baskets BTW.

3. delvryboy

delvryboy Full Member

probably would have been cheaper to buy a pair at cost when it was offered

4. Poseur

Poseur Full Member

umm... right...

for one cost was never offered. It was implied that there were going to had I not gone public with my concerns. And, then, well I guess we'll see but I wouldn't expect re-coning to cost anything more than $20 a pop. Either way, I will not be responsible for ANY amount of money being paid to that company.

''''_.%%%%%%%%%
    ''/- _%% ICIX %%%%%
    (_ _%\|% HOME OF %%
    ......%%% THE SHEEP%
    .......%%////%%%////%
    ,,,,,,,,,,,# #,,,,,,,,,##,,,,,

5. delvryboy

delvryboy Full Member

maybe you should contact cdt directly

6. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I think that is a great option...

IF the basket and motor assembly truly is an HD - then obtaining a pair of HD recone units would give you truly an HD mid, rather than whatever it was you had originally there. B)

Performing the actual recone is something that could be done yourself (with some care, and a home-made centering jig to slide your recone into place with), or if you prefer, something any speaker repair shop can do for you, likely in 1-2 hours of labor time.

7. Poseur

Poseur Full Member

cute trick with my sheep.
    But I thought you were my little blowup doll sweetcakes.