Ranger SVO Hood II

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Ranger SVO, May 30, 2011.

1. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

The other Ranger Hood thread got just tooo long, so lets stream line it a bit.

The hood is almost done. Buts lets look at the progression so far.

The beginning or the vision

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The scoop and the louvers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The scoop and the hood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Primer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

A friend has been helping me with this hood, he is also a fellow teacher at the High School that I teach at.

He has as much time and sweat into this hood as I do. In order to return the favor, I will be assisting in sound system build for his 56 Chevy. I will document the build.

3. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

Looks pretty sweet to me Ranger.Friends like that are getting hard to come by,I can't wait to see that '56 build.

4. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I can't wait to get it painted and put on the truck. We still have a little more work but I think we got the hard part out of way.

I just started on some custom kick panels for the 56. He is on vacation, so I won't have access to the car until next week. And my hood is in his garage. I knew I forgot something.

5. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

That's what happens when you get side tracked.I just got rid of the grand prix and got an '89 mustang gt hatchback.No big audio for this one,but many mods to come.....

6. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Finally, the hood goes on the truck tomorrow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Promodmerc

Promodmerc Full Member

Is that biatch on yet? :D It's two tomorrrows now. :lol:

8. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Its on the truck right now, but the paint is just tiny bit off. The original hood is at the paint store and they are retinting my paint to match it closer to the truck

Its going to be repainted sometime next week.

9. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

thats looking good Ranger. I have a 90 nissan pick up i drive on occasion...the hood is trashed on one side with a deep gouge....this is giving me inspiration to do what you have done....

10. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Well lets get started, have you got started on the sound system for the Dodge?

Anyway, here is how I picture a Nissan

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  11. mrbasshead305

mrbasshead305 New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
  12. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I finally got off the couch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

that looks GREAT! good job !!!! So that hood scoop gave ya what? another 45 HP? LOL! Just kiddin man....your truck looks great! I am gunna show this to a buddy of mine who is repainting and customizing the same truck as yours...

14. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I really think the little things make the truck. Turning the blue oval green for example is a really easy mod. Its little details that make the truck. Notice that the "Ranger XLT" badges were replaced with "Ranger SVO" badges.

I'll get the rear sway bar tomorrow, but I'll wait till its NOT 100+ degrees to put it on. I'm still looking for some Ranger Splash Front Coil Springs (the spring rate is more handling oriented).

15. Promodmerc

Promodmerc Full Member

I hear you there.

16. CircuitedMom

CircuitedMom Full Member

That looks really good. I like the color, too.

We've had some really hot weather here in South Carolina, too, but the hurricane was nice. The last couple days we have had a breeze and the highs have been in the low 90s. Unfortunately, I am far enough inland that we got no rain and we need rain.
    I hope it cools off for everyone.