Problem with Kenwood KDC-DAB41U Memory Wipes

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by ldma, Jan 21, 2012.

1. ldma

ldma New Member

I recently purchased a Kenwood KDC-DAB41U, and have it installed in my Citroen Xsara and am finding it incredibly frustrating that despite having had it checked out 4 times now with the shop that fitted it, including getting a replacement fitted, an ignition feed installed, and the car's wiring tested that 2 minutes after the fascia is removed the memory is wiped.

This means I have to reset the demo every time, update DAB every time, and were I inclined to do my presets every time.

The shop concluded it must be an issue with the model rather than that actual unit I have and that I'm stuck with it like this for now, though did point me towards the facility to update it's firmware via the USB slot.

Is anyone familiar with this unit who could help me out here?

2. DanOpens

DanOpens New Member

I am having the exact same problem as you mention and strangely with the same car. Unfortunately i haven't found a solution yet but only bought the unit the other day.

As you seem to have posted this some time ago i only hope you may have solved the problem if so please could you shine a light on the answer for me.

Thankyou

3. jgilk1

jgilk1 Full Member

i would contact kenwood directly and see if this is a common problem with these head units....