Ported Subwoofer Box Help!

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by fatchip27, Sep 25, 2011.

1. fatchip27

fatchip27 New Member

Hey everyone, i wanted to make a box for 2 Fully Loaded Fi BTL N2 12's powered by 2 Rockford Fosgate T2500s. I have made boxes before but mostly sealed, and never for any system this powerful. I do not plan on using tubed ports. The dimensions i would like to use are 36W 15H 16.5D (Using .75" particle board) which I believe is around 4 cubic feet. What size should i make the port if I would like to have the box tuned to 32hz, which is said to be optimal for these subs. I have tried a couple box calculators but I was curious as to what others recommend. Thanks!

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Yout usable volume will be less. The port will take up about 1.25 cu ft of your volume. If your port is 15-inches tall then the port will be 13.5-inches tall, 2-1/2-inches wide and it will need to be between 21 and 22-inches long. The usable volume in the box will actually be around 3.5 cu ft.

3. StephenAudios

StephenAudios New Member

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

it isn't help if you are charging to do so. the folks here help out without charging a fee. with that said, i hope you are not going to post your website in all the help threads.

not trying to be an ass at all.

to the OP. you may want to reconsider using partical board. mdf would be better suited if your on a budget.

5. PPI US amps Man

PPI US amps Man New Member

sub box help

Dont forget to double up the top of the box man with that much power and inches you are bound to hear or crack some wood. FI should provide port volume total most companies do you have a spec sheet?

Corey

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  6. DeltaSoldier

DeltaSoldier Member

DONT USE PARTICLE BOARD!!! IT WILL SHATTER!! use 3/4" MDF board waaaay stronger... TRUST ME