Pioneer DEH-P600ub --> into VW Jetta MK4 - How to ?!

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by Cabouse, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Cabouse

Cabouse New Member

I got a connecter for my o.e. harness to the pioneer headunit, but I have no clue where to connect my anti-theft system that is connected to the radio in a Volkswagen ?! What color matches the radio wire on the conversion kit ?

Second thing, does anybody knows where I can find a colormatching diagram if such thing exist :unsure: ,to make sure all my mires are put together correctly ? If possible that would come handy for me since it's the first time I'm doing this.<_<

Also I have a hell of a hard time to take out my o.e. radio with the metal ''hooks'' that they give in the pioneer intallation kit ... is there available aftermarket ''hooks'' that would do a better job, if not what could I use ?

Thanks to everyone

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

What year is it?

3. Cabouse

Cabouse New Member

It's a 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8t

4. jonnyv713

power windows?

5. Cabouse

Cabouse New Member

it's fully loaded exept leather, so everything power ''something'' is in the car.

6. jonnyv713

nevermind that didnt help. i found this for a 1999 Jetta. All the other info i found about Jettas is grouped into 1999-2001, so i dont know why the stereo would be different.

Car Radio Constant 12v+ Wire: Red/White
    Car Radio Switched 12v+ Wire: Orange
    Car Radio Ground Wire: Brown
    Car Radio Illumination Wire: Gray/Blue
    Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
    Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: N/A
    Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
    Car Stereo Amplifier Location: If equipped, each speaker has an individual amplifier located at the speaker.
    Front Speakers Size: N/A
    Front Speakers Location: N/A
    Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/Black
    Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Orange/Black
    Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/White
    Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Orange/White
    Rear Speakers Size: N/A
    Rear Speakers Location: N/A
    Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/Light Green
    Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Orange/Black
    Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/Light Green
    Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Orange/Red

Anti-theft? I am still looking.

7. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I don't think there is an anti theft wire. The way anti theft works is that when power is removed from the radio, it quits working even when power is plugged back in.

Usually a four or five digit code needs to be entered for the radio to come back on.

Also, the clips that hold the radio in are easily damaged. Gently insert those tools and insert them in the correct direction. You should feel the tools lock into place. Then at the same time, pull the tools away from each other and out at the same time. If everything is OK, the radio should release.

Good Luck

8. Cabouse

Cabouse New Member

Thanks guysm, that should come in handy, I'll be working on it this weekend. I'm not quite sure yet how the radio is going to come out, but it looks like I'll have to be very gentle :p

When I said anti-theft, I mostly ment the ''anti-start'' that is factory installed, but I'll see with what I got so far and I'll figure the rest out on the way.

Thanks again :D