Pioneer Compatibility Issue

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by Starsky, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Starsky

Starsky New Member

I am putting together a system for an older (late 80's) car, ostensibly using units that are contemporary with the car (don't ask me why, but I am doing it anyway).

For cosmetic reasons I decided to go with Pioneer units for this project, and it's going pretty well but I have hit a bump in the road and hope someone might be able to help out.

I have an M-bus head unit and am using it with the CD-BB92 adapter (that allows IP-bus changers to be used with an M-bus head unit). Being an MD fan and user from way back, I also have an MD-P100. I connected the MD-P100 to the CD-BB92 and the head unit doesn't recognize the changer. It works fine with my CDX-P630, but not with the MD-P100.

I am at a loss to understand why it doesn't work. Undoubtedly there is a reason, but it would be good to know what it is, and if anything can be done to work around it.

The other issue is that the MD-P100 allows another changer to be daisy-chained (it has IP-bus input and output). I am keen for this to work as I would like to have a cd changer and md changer attached to the system. Again, I am unsure how realistic that is, but hopefully someone knows and may have a suggestion.

Obviously I could solve all these problems by using an IP-bus head unit, but cosmetically what I have really works with the car, and I need to stick with it for that reason.

Any help very much appreciated. Thanks :)