Pioneer AVH P-4300 questions

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by Pezcore1994, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Pezcore1994

Pezcore1994 New Member

I just had a pioneer installed in a 2003 4runner and i have a couple of questions. it says the mute can be set to mute, or att, at -10db and -20db, but it only mutes even when set at the other 2 settings. also the ipod is hooked up with the ipod adapter and plays music, but wont play any videos, or the audio to go with the videos, any ideas?

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

maybe it needs a different adaptor to play vids, and needs to be in park with the parking break applied, and the wire for that needs to be grounded to the parking break for it to work.

i installed a clarion in my sis's 09 murano that had the ipod cable to play audio, but the cable for video was another 60 bucks.

3. kostyam69

kostyam69 Full Member

i just installed that exact unit into my Scion, as far as your mute button issue its supposed to lower the volume or turn sound off, my guess would be that you did not connect that mute wire on the harness.... as far as the ipod cable, if you are using just a regular (white) ipod cable you will get ONLY audio.... the cable that you need is : Pioneer CD-IU50V, i bought mine for $17 on ebay... that will allow you to get video and audio capability. now as far as getting video to work, the other guy is right.... you do need to stretch that super long lime green wire to the e-brake to be able to get video, i however installed a switch that i flip to be able to bypass that e-brake requirement.

4. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

or u can just ground it

5. kostyam69

kostyam69 Full Member

i tried grounding it, they have something that prevents just a simple lime green wire to black ground.... it has something to do with timing of when they key is turned... I've tried installing a 4 pin relay and it didn't work either.... strange

6. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

well that sucks...

7. nick_mdx

nick_mdx Full Member

yea I have this unit in my 2001 mdx and grounding it won't work because as far as I can tell the unit works on a flip flop (for those electrical engineers out there), meaning that it looks for a change to ground not just the ground signal. I ghetto rigged a light switch in my glove box to simulate this.

8. Twiztid_Blunt

Twiztid_Blunt New Member

I just got my iPod cable for the avh p4300 and when I select a movie through the deck it doesn't do anything (kind of) the song I'm listening to stops but it stays on the movies menu, I go back to the main screen and it says stop where the track name typically goes. I select videos from my iPod and it gives me sound but no video. I downloaded a couple tv out apps and I'm going to try again

I have a parking break bypass, would this have anything to do with my problems?

9. kostyam69

kostyam69 Full Member

your bypass is fine, as far as the headunit is concerned you have the e-brake applied at all times.... videos not playing i would say are in the wrong format, i had the same issue at one point with my unit.... is the warning screen (blue screen with "ok" button at the bottom) coming up at all?

10. vincrake

vincrake New Member

hi i am new ,,, i cudnt find out how to start a thread , so i am replying this one, please help meout,,

i have a pioneer deh-4300ub head in my 2000 honda civic and a alphine mrx-v60 5channel amp fixed in my car,,,

there are 2 preout in my head unit ,,,, one of the preoutput is connected to a1- 2 channel input in my amp and the other rca is connected to the rca input in the amp for subwoofer,,,
    and my 3-4 channel is not working even when i plug the the other rca output in that instead of connecting to the sub input.

i heard that there is a setting that will allow 4channel to run with both the rca outputs connecting the 4 channel and avoiding the sub,,,, how do i find the setting options ??
    somebody please help me