Pioneer AVH-4400BH bypass?

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by AndeyHall, Mar 13, 2012.

1. AndeyHall

AndeyHall New Member

What all is involved in doing the bypass? My dad is wanting to do his for him, and I've seen where it requires a relay, but what exactly does the relay do? Because I can wire that part up myself I just need to know what exactly it's doing. Thanks.

2. kostyam69

kostyam69 Full Member

the bypass allows you to watch movies (netflix, youtube etc) on the go, theres a wire on the HU thats supposed to be wired to the e-brake, so once the brake is engaged you should be able to watch movies, the bypass allows you NOT to have to be stopped to do all of that.

3. wingless

wingless Full Member

According to the Owner Manual "To ensure safe driving ! LIGHT GREEN LEAD AT POWER CONNECTOR IS DESIGNED TO DETECT PARKED STATUS AND MUST BE CONNECTED TO THE POWER SUPPLY SIDE OF THE PARKING BRAKE SWITCH. IMPROPER CONNECTION OR USE OF THIS LEAD MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY OR DAMAGE."

There are also other warnings.

It is unsafe to have video playing that is viewable by the vehicle operator. Don't do that modification.

4. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Finally, someone with some common sense. I can assure you the safety on my video is hooked up and working properly.