out of phase problem?

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by deadz67, Sep 25, 2009.

1. deadz67

deadz67 Full Member

can someon please explain what this means & how to correct it?
    i think my sub is as on some tunes the bass sems delayed to the rhytm of the song, but not on all tunes.Does that make any sense to anybody out there?

2. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

It means when the subs are wired different from each other. It means one sub has the positive wire on the negative and the negative wire on the positve side. So it means one sub is pushing when the other is pulling, in simple terms one sub is going outward when the other one is going inward, just reverse the wires on ONE sub only so they are both doing the same thing at the same time. If they are out of phase it should make a big differance in output.

3. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

I see your pic you only seem to have one sub, look on your amp. there should be a switch that shows 0 or 180 that will switch the phase of the sub. From your description I dont think that is your problem. Can you give a better description of what the problem does

4. deadz67

deadz67 Full Member

it seems the bass is delayed in some music,but not all. I was just reading the subsonic shouldn`t be on in sealed enclosures& i haven`t tried to properly set gains, lp levels or anything like that yet. Or could it just be bad copy of music?

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

yeah, if you have a sealed box then the subsonic should be off.. LP filter should be on at least 80hz.

on some songs, the bass is delayed. I've noticed that too with mine. prolly crappy recording or something especially with MP3's. Do you happen to have time alignment or speaker distance setting on your deck?

6. deadz67

deadz67 Full Member

no,
    is it something to do with a shortage of power?

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

no, time alignment or speaker distance setting on your deck is to set the timing of the music to make sure everything (like bass) hit at the exact same time. some stereos have this feature but others don't