Okay, I might be ready to try eclipse

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by Hautewheeler, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

Hey guys, I recently learned that some of you are alpine guys and some like the eclipses, (and most of you don't care for clarion:) ) . I think that I may have found an eclipse hu..(cd8445). I like the looks and the features, and it's in my price range. If you don't mind..take a look and tell me what you think.. I'd be glad to hear your suggestions. also, I tried the priv message thing and might have screwed up and sent this to clipser.. if so, please ignore my bumblings-- sorry, dude! thanks all - Jeff

2. clipser-gs-t

clipser-gs-t Full Member

Cool, let us know how it works out for you. I didn't get a pm, so don't wory about it.

3. LunarEclipse

LunarEclipse Full Member

eclipse headunits are awesome. They have great pre-outs for your amps and they offer crisp signal and nice looks. If your the type that doesnt mind sacrificing graphics for quality, then eclipse is the brand for you. If you're going for graphics and quality, my next favorite is the Panasonic CQC series.

4. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

thank you both for your replies. I've had bad luck with panasonic products, with warranty problems as well as customer service, everyone here seems to think that eclipses are formidable, so I'd like for you all to pat yourselves on the back for steering my away from the lame ass clarion. I will let you all know when it arrives, and how much I like it.. and as soon as I figure out how to post vids, I'll have some windsheild displacement clips..thanks again..

5. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

it's alive

so, I put the new eclipse in this weekend, and wow does this thing do a lot more than I thought it would. I think that I'm really going to enjoy this HU (once I figure it out all of the way)

so, for the subs, I originally hooked it up to the non fader out, and since I had a 4v HU before, and I forgot to lower the gain on the amp, I got nothing but subwoofer response (the box was so loud that I couldn't hear the other speaks) and decided to hook to the rear outs before I realized the problem. now that everything is adjusted and I have all my peq curves set, should I switch back to the non fader output for the sub?

oh, and by the way.. this HU pounds! I've tried, and I just don't think that I can make this one skip.. we'll see, but at least if it does start to skip, I can (according to the manual) get at least 20 songs on one memory stick. (we'll see about that, too..)

thank you all for the input, I appreciate your replies
    and I still need some explosives so I can say g'bye to the old kenwood:lol:

6. nordjohn

nordjohn New Member