newbie with amp problem

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by coastalbend, Jun 18, 2011.

1. coastalbend

coastalbend New Member

I am hooking up a stereo in my boat and I have a Jensen Marine Remote Radio, Pyle Hydra amp it is the PLMRA620 6 channel amp. here is the problem I have 4 4ohm 300 watt DC Gold Speakers and a 8" Pyle Hydra sub with a built in 600 watt amp. I have typically used a PLMRA420 amp for this app. but no one had the 420 anywhere. so here is the dalima the 620 only has RCA jack for inputs and the head unit does not have enough RCA jacks to support what I need. first what can I do. without tying to split RCA Jack to get the 4 DC Gold speakers on their on channel. could I bridge two of the 4 channels I actually need and then run only front and rear speakers and then use the other input on the 8" sub. My Tech told me that if we did it that way that I would not have any fade front to back is this true or not.

Thanks for your Time any help would be greatly appreciated

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

No you wouldnt have fade either by using the rca Y or bridging the amp...if the preout of the radio is on the rear, what you could do is use a high to low level convertor on the front spekaer outputs to feed into your amps front input, then use the rca outputs of the radio to feed into the rear input of the amp, this would give you the fade capability you are wanting.