New Truck

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by jonnyv713, Aug 28, 2007.

1. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

Ok i just got a new truck. i need a really cheap system. i was thinkin i would get one or two of these Elemental Designs
    and make an enclosure for them but they have to go behind the seats where there is basically no room but i have a prefab truckbox im there and it fits. these subs need 2.0 or 2.5 cubic feet tuned to 35 hz what are the dimensions. cause i need to know if it would fit in there befor i buy them.

2. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

you can make up the dimensions yourself. figure out what ur maximum possible dimension is then convert that to internal dimensions(subtract .75" from each dimension assuming u use 3/4" MDF). then work the dimensions from there to match the volume that u need.

3. jonnyv713

so how do i match the volume
    for example on this sub would i take 2.5 cubic feet devided by 3 or what cause i aint that good at this kind of stuff

4. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

well u know if ur box is gonna be 1'x1'x1' then u know its 1cuft. so just adapt it, change the dimensions to say 2'x1'x1' and so forth. im tryin to explain it the best i can lol.

5. jonnyv713

so if i made it 6 inchesx2feetx2feet it will be 2 cubic feet

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Take the internal height X width X length and divide by 1728 = internal volume in cu ft

7. jonnyv713

ok it will be 24 inches wide by 23 inches high by 6 inches deep and the internal volume will be 4.01042 for two subs. now tuned to 35hz what should the port be

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Use a 6 inch round vent...firing to the side

About 11 inches long

9. jonnyv713

well i dont have like any room at all in the sides and does that mean it goes in the box 11 inches?

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

yes it goes in 11 inches...well if you can use two 4 inch round ports that are 11 inches long and have the same tuning and port area.

have each port firing to each side

11. jonnyv713

there is no room on the sides at all could i just cut a vent in the front in the middle

12. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

why is there no room on the sides??

I thought it was 6 inches deep

13. jonnyv713

it is going in a truck behind the seats and the sides will be like half inch from the walls

14. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

oic...that is a pretty narrow truck being the width of the box is 24 inches wide.

well if you can fit the ports facing up than that would be better

15. jonnyv713

no my bad it is 64 inches wide sorry lol

16. jonnyv713

so should i just put them on the top

17. jonnyv713

ok i ordered the subs tonight and i changed my mind once again i am gonna put them in the jag and try to find so slim subs for the new truck when i get some more extra money

18. jonnyv713

if a box is bigger is that better or no

19. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i never saw what kind of truck you got