New system in my new car!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jonnyv713, Mar 23, 2008.

1. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

Well, i want to plan my next system in advance cause when i get my car thats the second thing i am going to want to do. well, to start off i am wanting a 15 inch solobaric and i want to push it as far as it can go. I wanna go huge on this one, i was even thinkin of the 18" solo X but that is a $1,200 sub and that may be just a little too much with the amp and all. I probably wont have a problem with money cause this summer i will prolly be workin at a local fareway or a bodyshop. well if i use the solobaric how much room will i need to use for the enclosure? what amp will i have to use? what headunit is best? would a dvd player and a fold dow monitor be out of the question? what kind of speakers would i have to use so i will be able to actually hear the words to the music? and the biggest problem is the electrical system and i will have to know that first cause the car is going to be completely rewired.

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

first of all.find out what car you will get.then you can find out what size speakers you need

3. jonnyv713

i am almost positive i am getting like a 1986 monte carlo, thats the car that i want or something in the 80's that is the only one i will settle for. thats y i am planning it now.

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Kole Audio sucks.

Don't even get the SoloX for daily...There are plenty of better subs out there for the money.

5. jonnyv713

i thought it would be too radical what about the 15" L5

6. pedro quiroga

i think it will be fine.

i looked and i found that the car takes 4's in the doors.modified fit,and 4x10's in the rear deck.

looks like some kick panels would be in order,or modify the door to take a 6.5 or bigger.

7. jonnyv713

well i think it shall be modified for best sound and i have always heard 6.5s are the best.

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

i took a look a monte carlo, the door panels don't look like they'll be able to take 6.5's without major modifications. If you really want to get 6.5's i think you should take the advice of pedro and look into getting kick panels.

9. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

If you go with kicker, spend a little extra and get the L7 instead of the L5

10. jonnyv713

so what about this wired at 1 ohm with that amp?

11. jonnyv713

or is 1250 rms too much? this is wit the GP2500D

12. pedro quiroga

the rear will not take a 6x9.just a 4x10.

you might have to make some kicks for it.put some 6.5's in the kick and some 4's/twets in the door.you can make a nice 3 way set up.
    maybe you wont need rear fills.maybe.unless you can find a nice 4x10.

13. jonnyv713

well i was thinkin just modify it and put some 6x9's in the rear but if i dont need to then y bother, ill just find some 4"s for the door and those comps for the kicks it would be really nice if i found the 4's to match the comps, huh

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Polk has some 4x10's
    Polk Audio MOMO MMC410 - 4" x 10" 2-Way MOMO Series Speakers • 70W RMS • 140W Peak • woven carbon fiber cone • airtight rubber surround • stamped metal basket • flat NOMEX spider • dual nickel plated polarized terminals • sensitivity: 89dB - , Car Sp

as far as 6.5's go. you can look at a lot better brands for a little more or even less. I found some CDT's on ebay for $99 with free shipping..
    6 1/2" CLE61cv CDT Audio Convertible Speakers - eBay (item 350039844027 end time Mar-29-08 14:23:09 PDT)

you can look into Polk, Infinity, boston acoustics. they are all about in the same price range.

15. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

as always, POLK.

16. jonnyv713

ok well can uguys show me where to look for polks cause ive never really looked for polks before, i would like for em all to match and be in about the same price range as those mtx's. ill check it out tomorrow night cause i got school tomorrow, ugh i hate school!!!