New Setup PICS!!! (56k beware)

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by BlkX, Mar 13, 2003.

1. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just a couple pics so far...gonna wait til tonight to take some more :).

2. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

Looks pretty damn nice! Is that a Tru tech. amp? What kind of power does it put out and at what does it cost? Lot's of bass and you still have a lot of cargo room...nice job.

BTW, I have 56K and the pix came up quickly.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

well it sau TRU on is so I would say so :D :lol: :p

4. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Thanks man. Yeah, its a Tru Tech. T4.65. Its rated at 65x4 @ 4 ohms and 250x2 @ 4 ohms mono. I've got it running at 3 ohms to the sub though, and it doesn't seem to have any problems. These ratings appear to be very underrated, but i can't say for sure yet. The MSRP on the amp is around $650 i believe, but i'm not sure what they'll actually go for since they don't have the website fully completed yet.

5. squatchie

squatchie Full Member

what is this 56K you talk of? Is that some sort of retirment program....put in a $100,000, get $56k?

Anyways, that looks pretty tight. The carpet looks sweet. :ph34r:

6. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

well it sau TRU on is so I would say so :D :lol: :p[/b][/quote]
    Bah, don't flame your own users :p. It is hard to read :). I'm gonna get some more pics once it gets dark.

7. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Nice work.

How do you like the TRU amp? Does it run hot? Had any problems? What do you like about the amp? What dont you like about the amp? How would you compare it to other amps you have used?

8. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Bah, don't flame your own users :p. It is hard to read :). I'm gonna get some more pics once it gets dark.[/b][/quote]

I am the Keeper of the Flame :lol: :p

9. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Oh shit!!! Here I thought you were the "Flamer of the Keep" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks nice Chris. I hope I can here it soon, but when you stop up here, you never stop to visit :angry: .

That enclosure is huge, did you reuse the IDQ enclosure?

10. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

Actually, Michael, the logo is blurry on my monitor...which is on it's last leg. I just see blue letters surrounded by an oval. Since I'm not familiar with Tru (although I have heard of them) I was kinda/sorta guessing. I'd buy another monitor but I'm poor right now. Just bought a TV and HT sub ($1300 and $1200, respectively).

Damn, you've been on my back for a few days now. I don't mind being flamed. But since your doing the flaming...that means you're a flamer :lol:

11. trifle

trifle Full Member

LMAOooooo, no offense, but you got more questions than a 4 year old :D

12. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I love this amp. It sounds alot different than the Arc 2100 I had on my components beforehand. I can get Courtney (flawlesskid) to vouch for me on that one. It has a nice rolloff at the top, and it seems to add a bit of punch to the midbass, that was the biggest thing i noticed. The controls are on the top of the amp, which makes it very easy to adjust things. The amp does run a bit hot, but it hasn't shut off yet. I drove for about 2.5 hours straight the other night driving it pretty hard the whole time and did not have any issues. Compared to the Arc, its got better xovers which could be attributed to the increased midbass. The vocals on the Tru are very similar to the Arc, both are very clean, its hard to get any distortion out of them.

Sorry I didn't get to drop by the shop Seth. I was only in town for a day or so. The only reason i saw Courtney was to give him the IDQ's, and that was at 2:30 a.m. when i got back in town from Asheville, where we did the install.

I didn't reuse the IDQ's box. The amp rack is actually just bolted onto the side of the box to give the illusion of one big box, guess that worked :). The box actually stops right at the right side of the amp. I still haven't figured up the actual airspace yet, b/c there's a slanted back to the box, and i'm just too damn lazy to figure out triangles and all that. It should be somewhere around 1.8 cu ft which is about what winISD called for.

13. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

LMAOooooo, no offense, but you got more questions than a 4 year old :D[/b][/quote]
    Well seeing as how its a new amp, and no body really knows anything about them, and they are spoke so highly of, I wanted to see what an actual user had to say about them. :D

14. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

I like that amp man. Love how it illuminates the rear cargo area without looking cheesy. I felt that amp really gave the rainbows a good bit more life. They just sounded a lot more lively. Vocals were more defined, and the midbass was great. I didnt pay a whole lot of attention to the tweets though. The w7 was as i expected with the power given. I told chris when he first told me of the deal on the sub that he didnt need it. It'd do a lot better in my car on my PG tantrum 500.2. The guy he got it from turned down my offer of $350 just about a month ago. :(

The sub sounded great, but i'd like more output. It didnt have enough pressence for me. I'm not a total basshead, but i like to feel my music. I like to have kick drums seem to kick me in my ass. I'd like to hear the setup again though. I heard it in its not totally tweeked state. I love the install though. Clean, and thats what i like.

Seth, i got a couple projects i need to take on soon. I'm considering some 2-way HT speakers, and a ported HT enclosure for one of the IDQ's i stole from chris. For the other, i need to do an enclosure for stefons car. I would give it a try here, but i had a tough time with the saw dust that accumulated on everything in my room from the last work i did here. Let me know if you think you'll be able to come up with a lil time in the next couple weeks.

15. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

1.8 feet?

Holy crap. That is huge for a 10. You could fit 5 Brahmas in that space!!!!

Sure bud, drop on by... And be sure to bring my saw with ya :p :p :p

16. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

1.8 feet?

Holy crap. That is huge for a 10. You could fit 5 Brahmas in that space!!!!

Sure bud, drop on by... And be sure to bring my saw with ya :p :p :p[/b][/quote]
    Haha, model it up in winISD. It calls for around 1.7 cubes of airspace. With only 250w, an extra little bit won't hurt much.

If I were to go with a brahma, it woulda been more expensive, and i'm not sure i could have gotten as much SPL out of it as i am getting out of the W7 because of the power requirements.

17. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Shoot, with that much space a B10 could get that loud on 5 watts :lol:.

JK ;)

But seriously, I didn't know it was so big a box for that little thing. I was guessing at about a foot or so.

18. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Yeah, its a pretty big box. I would have used that much room regardless though, so it really didn't matter how big the box was. Whatever space the box didn't use would have been amp rack space.

19. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Oh, and i'll take ya up on that 5w offer :p . If you ever get a b10, we'll throw it in there off of my old planet audio amp wired up to 8 ohms. It oughta get somewhere around 2.5-5w :D .

20. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Actually, we are planning on getting a Blazer soon, and I will put a B10 or 2 in it...