Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chewy, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Hi,

I just joined. I live in North Las Vegas, been here for about 8 years. I drive a '65 dodge Dart Convertible, currently with no sound, except occaionally the AM radio will kick on out of the blue and work for a week or two. THe old 3x6 speaker kinda works. At one point in the 70's I think an 8-track was mounted under the driver's seat, all that remains there is the bracket.

I'm looking to restore/upgrade an old OEM stereo with decent power, bluetooth, stereo in jack & remote CD connectivity.

Will also be looking for idea's on speaker placement in a car that doesnt have many mounting points. I will be re-doing the interior, completely back to stock, I'm thinking flush door mount speakers that I can modify the door panel to allow sound to come thru, but still have the stock look. Speakers in the rear are difficult because I dont want to cut into the fiberglass convertible well, and will have to have some other way to mount speakers either directly under or behind the well liner to allow sound to come up thru.

Not looking for the thumpin super sound, just something that plays hard rock and heavy metal very well.

--Chewy.

2. steve

steve Full Member

welcome, i am sure you'll find any help you need

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Welcome to CAT! I want your car! LOL!