New Guy, new headunit

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by drtboy, Oct 3, 2012.

1. drtboy

drtboy New Member

Hi guys,

I'm new here, but not new to car audio. I am not a pro by any means but have done quite a few installs.

I am looking for a new head unit for my 03 Corolla. As of now, it has stock speakers and will be getting a sub before door speakers.

I have been looking at the KDC-996 or DEH-80PRS which have good EQ adjustability. Also looking at the DEH-9400 or KDC-BT952HD which have few EQ bands.

I need 3 preouts with at least 4v, bluetooth, Ipod compatible, XM ready, time alignment. I had a Kenwood for my last head unit in a previous vehicle and liked the SQ.

My all time favorite was an Alpine CDA-9815, but I don't think Alpine has as many needed adjustments available anymore and I don't like their "tinny" sound.

What are your guys' recommendations. Trying to stay at or under $350.

Thanks

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i have an older pioneer that i love and i think in the next few months i may upgrade to the 80prs. it has a few functions that mine doesn't. namely bluetooth and a 3 way crossover.

i love the 16 band eq they both have as well. i don't know of any other head units that have close to that many bands.