New Car

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by jonnyv713, Oct 6, 2010.

1. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

Well I got a new job a while ago and it is paying quite well. as soon is football gets out, I will be making bank haha, but I wanna know what you guys think I should get for a new car. It has to be a GM product, preferably ~25mpg probably less but not much less and 8 cylinders. I am keeping the Cutlass, I just need a sweet car that is reliable enough and gets better gas mileage while I am building the Cutty into a street strip car. OH, my budget is about 5000 to 8000 ish maybe. Let me know what you guys think.

2. ericj

ericj Full Member

I'd get a Firebird, 6 speed, V8, '98-'02. :)

Probably not gonna get 25mpg, though. lol

3. jonnyv713

I was looking into an F-Body and we have a 94 Vette and a 93 and they get around 27 or 28 so wtih the Ls1, I bet they would.

4. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Government Motors....Crap...

You need a Dodge son. A real mans vehicle.. 4X4, Hemi, and lots of HP! To hell with fuel economy...

LOL!

I would look into an old chevette...if you can find one... awsome fuel economy and other than the dash...make a great car for a sound system! The lil metros are great for fuel too

5. ericj

ericj Full Member

:D

Those old hatchback Type-10 Cavaliers from the late '80s are awesome for bass, too. One of my high school friends had one of these back in the day.

6. jonnyv713

i have to drive 20 miles a day to work. I go through a tank or more a week on fuel. I think I am going to go witha Monte Carlo. We just bought an 02 for my dad. We have had 4 of them now. I think its my turn. I would do and Infinite Baffle with the 2 18s in the trunk. If they will fit. probably though. I am looking at a Supercharged 3.8 Tony Stewart Edition.

http://www.siouxlandcarsforsale.com/show.aspx?vid=1598272

It may be too much though. Im gonna see how it works out. I gotta see what I can get for a loan.

7. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

I have a '99 pontiac grand prix gtp.It's basically the same car.I like it,but it's not the best for car audio.I think you'll have to take all of the stock speakers out of the rear deck because of the amount of sound pressure that builds up in the trunk.I unhooked mine and watching them move was crazy.They were jumping around past the excursion limits,then I took them out.Even with the rears out and the pass through door open,I think it could be better.Anyways,good luck.I tried to look at the link,but it said: This vehicle is not available anymore.
    Did you get it?

8. jonnyv713

No, I think I am maybe going Trans Am. I just cannot get away of 8 cylinders. I have 2 18s to use and only 13ft^3 in the hatch to work with though :( maybe I need to wall it from the backseats all the way back?

http://www.mpgfacts.com/?did=144&year=1998

Maybe I need to buy some new 12s? Jesus I need to figure stuff out. I am dying while driving cars with stock stereos. I have been driving the Vette and Bose is not cutting it.

9. ericj

ericj Full Member

Ahh, the good old days: