new alternator

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by eviling, Oct 26, 2009.

1. eviling

eviling Full Member

My car has needed a new altenrator for some time and the **** my machanic has been trying to sell me is stock stuff from susuki shipped through pep boys and all that BS, I finily looked up some altenrators and thier 1\8th of the price he was throwing at me. but I'm car brands and parts is extreamly fourghen to me, what should i get, heres a link to all the alternators i found.

it already has a 300 watt speaker amp on it, I wanna be able to power that, and another 80 amp 500 watt amp for the sub, doesn't sound like much but my current alternator is garbage, Ive already put it on a meter, it's harldy keeping up with out even running fan's or anything. I've had to jump my car many times, especially if i leave music on to long while getting gass, quite annoying. I'm gonna try and install this puppy my self just for fun's and giggles. I may take it to my buddys see if he can get me a grage to throw it up so i can do it. :cool:

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/mmp/suzuki~esteem~alternator~parts.html
    so which one should i get?

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

everytime you run your battery dead it decreases its life. just letting you know. but i havent heard of any of those alts. just look for one with the highest amperage

3. eviling

eviling Full Member

yeah, i'm aware but I'm replacing it before it's 3 year warranty is up :p it's a good brnad, i forget what it is, but good warranty.

as far as the altenrator, idk any of them except bostch, they make decent drills, so i can only asume their the same quality alternators. :-\ so i'm not sure, most of that stuff is refurbished, but idc about. that, i should be able to power all of that with any after marrkter alternator, i mean i know the sub amp will have some decent draw but I know their are systems that draw alot more than what i'm doing.

haha im cracking up right now, I took my old 10" that was in my car and hooked it up to one of the satlite outputs to my computers sound system and played some music. to my surprise it accualy sounds very clear, and when I put it on a bassy song, it sounds really good haha if it wasn't 12 at night, I would blast this mofo and see what it could do XD ahhhh boardem lol fun times.

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

denso make oem parts for imports. well they are japanese.

5. eviling

eviling Full Member

so what kind of amp's would be good? i mean, my current fuse box has an 80 amp fuse in it, i imagine it doesn't constnatly pull that much, the ones on that site seem to all be int he 70 amp range, im sure that should be able to stay ahead of everything :-\

6. pedro quiroga

your stock alt is most likely the same size. i would look for more power.

i was going to suggest a site but they dont have any for your car.

check out HO alts or iraggi alts. cant remember any other right now.

7. eviling

eviling Full Member

but would it be enough to keep up with it? you always seem to try and sell people the expensive end, but i'm looking for the ladder, i dont wanna be bear min, but i dont wanna be miles over. this car will never have anything more than what i already told you i plan on putting in it

8. jonnyv713

those are the only places that really sell high output alts. If you want cheaper go to your local place that rebuilds starters and alts and have them rewind it to a higher amperage.

9. eviling

eviling Full Member

yeah, i asked all around. nobody does that stuff around here anymore :( seems all the places that did are out of business for years now.

10. pedro quiroga

ok check out dc power.

11. jonnyv713

also, look on caraudio.com and realmofexcursion.com for some used alts.