Needs help with my audio system problems.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by SoloX531, Jun 22, 2011.

1. SoloX531

SoloX531 Full Member

I'm new to car audio so take it easy on me... but right now I have my system all hooked up and everything, but the sub is going in and out and i cant figure out what the problem is. While im trying to tune it and everything it clips alot and then goes out and a few moments later it comes back in. I have no idea what the problem is; i was wondering if you guys could help me.
    i have 1 12" solo baric l7 dual voice and 4 ohms (planning on getting another soon) and in a enclosed box, a 3000w planet audio BB2400.1 amplifier 0 ga all over and yeah thats about it.

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Be sure you have adequate voltage/amperage availible to the amp. be sure the ground is bulletproof, and be sure you no shorted speaker wires...this would be the first things to look for....report back with you have found....

3. SoloX531

SoloX531 Full Member

Well i switched the speaker wires out and put new connectors on and it "seems" to be working. I played a couple songs on it and it didnt cut off once. And for the Amperage/voltage problem should i get another battery? and if i should, do i also need a HO Alternator?

4. TheViking

If your car cant maintain at least 12.7 volts at full consistant volume...you need a bigger alternator...or change your listening habits...

5. TheViking

big sytems are hard on small alternators...they can only do so much...anbd a cap wont magically make current and voltage...

6. SoloX531

SoloX531 Full Member

Man I thought that worked. But it didn't, it's still fading in and out. So it wasnt the speaker wires.

7. kpetree

kpetree New Member

Are you sure? did you check the ground? did you wire the subs to a lower/higher ohm? what size fuse do you have?

8. SoloX531

SoloX531 Full Member

Yeah it didnt work. i did that and it played for like 10-15 minutes then it faded out. Sooo i switched grounds, in doing this i realised that my neg battery terminal was bad so i replaced that and the ground. i sanded it and everything. This too worked only for like 10 to 15 minutes and then it quit on me. Ihave no idea what it could be, im totally lost. oh and i do have it wired down to 2 ohms i think..im not sure. its wired parallel and its only 1 dual voice coil 4 ohm sub