Need some Fill advice.

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by Eleu, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Alright i figured i would spend my taxes on some new fill speakers instead of new kicker 15's and an amp. Looking for some good mid range, about 50-top(21-36KHz ish) something ampable, with around 100+RMS plan on putting some real bass in with the Kickers so i want some high power mids and front fillers to really compensate. (thinking about NINE.4 for the amp) rear and front kicker panels are 5x7's and i figure ide get comps for the front and replace the tweeters that way. any thoughts ideas? Budget at $800 so about 150-200 (use the rest for an amp and one kicker LOL)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  2. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

hmm, the only comment I can think of is with all that power going to the sub, do you think that front stage that you plan on getting is enough?

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

5. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Ya the subs are just for shows, iam not going to run them turned up, they will be EQed out with the digital proccesor, iam thinking about running the Kickers, then the MA's off the MA amp and finally the eclipse sw7k off the modded V3 amp. get the good high lows, mid lows, and the kickers for the lowest lows. and EQ them all out, i want to push more twards a variable set up, having the wattage to mess wround in the Ground pound areas if i want to show off, but predomminently use it for a good SQ system. Iam thinking about switching out the kicker mids and front for Infinity Kappa's got a bit more high end range.

6. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

ya that was a quick toss together, iam picking up a slightly more powerfull PA amp for the front and rear fills, and probably that same amp you posted LOL, its like 30 bucks more on sonic.

7. judd982

judd982 Full Member

Also, I had a Poweracoustik amp and they are TERRIBLE. At least the PowerSphere series, but I do not trust that brand at all. I installed it and right away the back two channels didn't work. I dropped in an Alpine FRP-450 and it worked perfectly, so do NOT get that one.

8. pedro quiroga

that could happen with any brand. i know its not the best amp brand around but for the money its not the worst around.

9. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

Dude, I got a PA amp in it works great! And pedro is right that could happen to any amp. Electro has that ps1-5500d pushin his stroker and he loves it.

10. anny

anny Guest

this is my first post , have a nice day,everyone!

11. pedro quiroga

spammer! either post in your own thread or make a comment in the thread your hijacking.:mad: