Need help!

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by Johnson450, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Johnson450

Johnson450 Member

Hello, being a new car audio person I need some help choosing my amp. I have a 06 F250 with minimal space and have decided to put two 10 inch MTX TT6510-04 in a custom made box. Im still very confused with what I should choose for a power supply. I plan on buying a hifonics amp but im not sure which one to get.
    The info for the sub is---

Power Handling
    -600W Peak
    -300W RMS

General Features
    -Impedance: Single 4 ohms
    -Extra dense injection molded polypropylene semi-dome woofer
    -Rubber surround
    -Thin and compact construction
    -One piece spider cone
    -Large basket frame venting for optimal heat dissipation and proper cooling
    -Heavy duty push terminal
    -1.75" Single 4 ohms voice coil
    -53oz. Magnet structure

2. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

How much are you willing to spend for a amp?And which model hifonics are you looking at?

3. Johnson450

Johnson450 Member

nothing over 350 for an amp unless its an absolute, and for choice im not sure anything to properly power the subs

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

look for a good reputable amp that will do at least 600 into a 2 ohm mono load.

5. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

I agree with pedro.If you do go hifonics,look at the brutis bxi series.I have a 1208d that's rated to do 900wrms at 2ohms,but a friend checked it in my car and it was 684wrms at 2ohms.I don't think I'm gettin 14.4 to my amp though.But this amp would suit you well.

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

there is another reason for it not making its rated power, impedance rise. it can be a bitch.

for the longest time i was under the impression that my amp was putting out its rated 600+ watts to my 8's at 1 ohm. nope. 530 @ 2.1 ohm's. not too bad since my amp is suppose to do 450 @ 2 ohms.

either way, getting an amp with a lil more power isnt a bad thing.

600 rms total, i bet an 800 watt amp after minimal imp rise and maybe voltage should feed the perfect amount of power to your subs.

just dont over do it. remember your not always listening to it at full volume. so a lil more power at lower volumes is ok. its called head room.