need help for aftermarket subwoofer on stock car stereo

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by quebegreek018, Apr 2, 2012.

1. quebegreek018

quebegreek018 New Member

hi guys, i have a subwoofer, amp, capacitor and all the normal wiring needed to install the kit with an after market head unit. the problem is that i don't want to change my original head unit. i have a very good stock bose sound system in my maxima and they rip my ears off already. all i want to do is add some bass to the stock system. i know it's possible with a "something"-converter or crossover but i've never seen anyone with this kind of setup so i have no clue of what else i need and which wires from my stock system to use. i would appreciate if someone could send me pictures or a video or at least detailed step by step directions.

2. reddude157

reddude157 New Member

What you need is a low output converter this part will take the speaker level output and convert it to RCA jacks so you can then hook up your amp you will want to get wire taps so that you can tap into the rear speaker wire so the loc has the audio signal now what you do is run the power wire from the batt use a fuse right by the batt then what you need to do is find a fuse in the car that only comes on with the key on or you will need to get a switch so that the remote on for the amp turns on and off so you don't drain the batt
    After you have run the power hooked up the loc found the fuse or wired up a switch you need to find a nice spot for the ground about 12" to 18" from the amp now sand that spot down to bare metal and use a self tapping screw or nut and bolt and star washer to attach the ground wire
    Now for the sub and box make sure you bolt down the box or some how secure the box to the car then wire it up to amp

3. GlocKmuch

GlocKmuch New Member

Gadget

I can not participate now in discussion - it is very occupied. I will be released - I will necessarily express the opinion on this question.
    :)