Need cheap 5x7's? look here.

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by DaveDSMer, Feb 15, 2007.

1. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

lol. i saw those too.you cant beat the price.if you get them tell us how they sound.oh how much is shipping though?

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Damn man....I may get a pair of those for my rear doors.

That price is unbeleivable...and a woofer with a rubber surround AND SILK DOME TWEETER.

4. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Somebody is spending way to much time at therangerstation.com

5. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

yes... so!?

6. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Informative site, except for audio. Your Ranger is coming along nicely, don't short cut the audio. Any good 6 x 8 will easily out perform a 6 x 8 plate. The woofer in the plate is too small. In fact the 6 x 8 has 177.818% (I have my TI-89 next to me) more surface area than a 5-1/4.

The plate is a bad idea

7. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

yeah ranger I already have some JBL GTO's for rear fill for the Ranger. Also have some old school sound stream comps for the front. So it is not being overlooked at all hehe.

8. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I know you've been thinking about a Turbo Motor in the Ranger. They have a couple of good articles on that swap.

I should put this in the other thread

9. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

Did they ranger? I was looking around and couldnt find the 2.3t swap write-up. If I could get a 2.3t in there I could really tune it.. I do actually know what I am doing when it comes to turbos.

10. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

thanks ranger. That will be a fun project when i get there. I can really use my past DSM knowledge and experience to very good use with that application.

11. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

its interesting how that 2.3t system is much more delicate than the mitsu 4g63t system. Not a problem though as I won't be using it for drag. Looks like its not a very hard engine swap especially if you keep the 2.3t at stock power levels you won't have to reinforce much at all on the existing system. Lovin it.

12. pedro quiroga

ok this may sound dumb,but dave what does DSM stand for?

13. pedro quiroga

hey dave one more quetion.that spray you used in the bed.does it have a smooth or rough texture?i'm planning on redoing my roof rack.

14. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

as far as what DSM stands for.
    Diamond Star Motors
    Basically the Plymouth Laser, Mitsubishi Eclipse, and Eagle Talon built between 1991-1999 which shared the 4g63t motor. They are small turbo charged vehicles which came with an option AWD platform. Also included in the DSM family is the rare Mitsubishi Galant VR-4. The Mitsubishi Evolution is sometimes considered in the same family but many do not consider it a true DSM even though it too is built with the 4g63t motor.

Why do I love them so much? Not many 2.0 4cylinder engines are able to put 350-400 hp to the ground without any internal modifications (aka bolt-on parts only). Add that to an AWD platform and you have yourself an excellent drag car for a fraction of the cost.

Sort of was my main hobby until I got into car audio. Sold my last DSM and was looking for something else to get into for a while and car audio caught my attention :p.

depends on how you apply it pedro. If you use a single thick coat its pretty smoothe while if you use many light coats it will be textured.

15. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I like the 2JZ supra motors...3.0L that can handle 1000 hp without any internal modifications...how you like that 4g63t???

16. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

Supras are highway machines very good hp very good top end. I prefer the DSMs because they are much much cheaper to modify and are much more suited for Drag. Dollar for Dollar its very hard to beat a DSM. Hell the cost just to buy a supra platform with that engine is at least 10 grand. I can get a DSM for 1500. Put 3000 dollars in it and I am hitting 12's on the strip easy.

If you want 1/4 mile numbers the DSM would appeal to you more.. if you just want Dyno numbers the Supra platform would appeal to you more. Just two different styles of cars and performance.

17. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I'm am a fan of turbo B-series Honda motors...my uncle builds em and after taking a ride his friends turbo gsr hatch with 400+ whp...on pump gas, I am in love with them

18. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

hehe azn we need to find you a nice modded awd dsm by you. Take a launch off that thing with pump gas. You will hear all 4 tires chirp for a split second then BAM they all grab and if you are not ready for it here comes the whiplash. I used to put down 1.6 second 60' times at the track and mine wasnt even heavy modified. Pretty intense sensation hehe.

I am done with that stuff though. I don't mind moding my current and future cars but I doubt I will ever want anything more than about 300 horses to the ground. 300 horses to the ground is the perfect amount of power for me these days.. I sure hope that number never goes down any further lol.

I still get on the Lincoln every now and then lol.. it does have a good 275 horses at the crank and isnt really overly heavy due to being a mid size 2 door. It hasnt lost yet.. but then again.. I would'nt even think about trying to race like a carrera turbo or something lol. Most of the people who decide to try and take on the Lincoln are lifted full size trucks.. and the ignorant ricers with ebay mufflers.. neither have beaten it. The trucks give me more of a run than the ricers sadly. Usually its about even till the tranny hits 2nd then the Lincoln pretty much dominates lol. The poor trucks are geared too low as they are trucks... and the ricers.. well.. they have an ebay muffler and maybe 120 horses to back em up. But anyways im just rambling now..

I of course love any tuner out there in any car that is modified "right" because we are all just gear heads at heart. New school or old school its all for the same reasons lol.

19. pedro quiroga

talking about old school dodges for a while i was really wanting an old school turbo omni glh.2.2L.