Need advice on wiring for my system, pls help

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by Luca_D, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Luca_D

Luca_D Member

Hi there

I currently have a set of 6x9's and a 12inch SVC sub running off my 4channel amp. ive also got a set of 4inch front speakers (50watt rms) which are running off the head unit. My issue is that i can hear pritty much nothing from these front speakers. what i'd like to do is connect these speakers to the same amp, i.e. run the 6x9's, sub and front speakers off the 4channel amp. Is this evan possible and if so how should i go about the wiring? and ofcorse will it solve my problem? will i get a little more sound from the front instead of all from the back?

hope u guys dont mind sharing your experteese, looking forward to your responses. Thanx:)

2. monster71

monster71 Full Member

What kind of amp u running? Specs?

3. Luca_D

Luca_D Member

Im running a digital starsound SSA-CA4 1900 watt

high pass crossover (50Hz - 500Hz)
    low pass crossover (50Hz - 500Hz)
    0dB - 12dB bass boost at 45Hz

what im struggling to understand though is that ive got one channel free on the amp, how am i going to connect the four wires coming from the front speakers to one channel?

thanx again for the help

4. Luca_D

Luca_D Member

I am running a digital starsound 4ch bridgeable SSA-CA4-1900watt amp

High pass crossover (50Hz - 500Hz)
    Low pass crossover (50Hz - 500Hz)
    0dB - 12dB bass boost at 45Hz

What im struggling to understand tho is that my sub is currently bridged over two channels, so in a sense that means ive got one channel left on the amp, so how would i connect the four wires coming from my front speakers to this one channel?

thanx again

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

you don't have a third ch left. if your sub is bridged then you are using 2ch's to run the sub.. leaving two for the 6x9's.

what you can do is run the front speakers and the 6x9's off of the two channels in 2 ohm stereo.

6. Luca_D

Luca_D Member

yeah thats what i did, it didnt really help at all though, can still bearly hear the fronts, maybe i just need better speakers?
    im currently running cadence zrs45 (50watt rms)

7. monster71

monster71 Full Member

Or a different amp. I tried to google full specs but not finding a whole lot. Are u sure you have everything wired right? I mean positives to positives negs to negs or series/parralel correct?

8. Luca_D

Luca_D Member

not too sure about the series and parallel, but definetly positives and negatives are correct

9. haydenb

haydenb New Member

hi pedro. sorry for goin off topic a bit but im new to all this and have nothing but a 12" sub. what i want is to have 2 speakers in the front, 2 6x9's in the rear, and the sub. i know i will need to bridge the sub, using 2 ch's. how do i run front speakers and 6x9's off 2 channels. I really need some help on this one!
    cheers

10. Luca_D

Luca_D Member

Im not pedro but i see he hasnt responded yet so thought i could help...if for example you bridge ch3 and ch4 for the sub, u can then use ch1 for left front and rear, and ch2 for right front and rear....so that is 2 positive wires coming in to one positive terminal of each channel, and same for the negatives

i had your exact question before and thats what i was advised to do