Mtx Road Thunder Rt4180x

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by cccullen, Feb 26, 2008.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Well you know that i got the MTX RT2100X for about $30. Was looking around for a 4 channel and i saw the MTX RT4180X which matches the RT2100X.

The guy wants $60 shipped for the 4 channel, is it worth it or should i just trash the idea?

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

that is a good old school amp.

i would.for the sake of matching.

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

it would be a lot better than that china made cheap amp that i was going to put in. I'll just sell it, think i'll just go ahead and get the MTX. Has a few small scratches on it but it's black so it will be easy to touch up.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Attached Files:

5. pedro quiroga

guess what i saw at my fav pawn shop.

an mtx 240 amp for 39.00

6. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

damn, next time i go to the states i gotta check pawnshops. how many channels is that amp?

7. pedro quiroga

2. 2x40 but with 14.4v its triple.remember the pics.it was of that amp

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I remember those pics. That's a nice amp and for $39, that's a steal. how was the condition of the amp? did it look good?

9. pedro quiroga

it looked ok.not pristine but hey its like 13 years old.i would hide it.lol

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

or you could spray paint the cover.lol well, i paid for the two MTX amps but I still haven't received them. I'm getting a little nervous. I starting to think i got screwed. The both just sent the amps priority mail so there isn't a tracking number. I still have my fingers crossed though

11. pedro quiroga

i'm crossing mine too.

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

my RT2100X came in already...whew!! Now i just have to wait for the RT4180X. Question... If something is sent priority mail, is there still a tracking number?

13. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

yea but they dont give you much info... you should ask the seller for it anyways... it would help you relax knowing its been shipped...

14. pedro quiroga

not sure..

15. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I did ask one of the sellers and they said there was no tracking number, just a delivery confirmation.

16. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

thats weird... I always get at least the number from the seller receipt so that it tells me the progress... priority is only 2-3 days.

17. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

that's why I'm asking, I really have no idea at all. I would think there should be some kinda number. It's been over a week, i'm getting kinda worried. my father is coming back this week and I would like to have the amp. I contacted the seller again but i haven't got a response yet..

18. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

he couldve shipped them late... one barely got in today or yesterday right? and when did you order the other? sounds like you might have a dispute to file through paypal if the other one doesnt arrive.

19. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I may have to. but they shipped them out about the same time. that's what im trying to clarify. one came from New York and the other is coming from Virginia. I received the amp from New York just the other day..

20. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Whew!!! i have all the amps now! I'm complete!!!