Mobile Edge - NE PA

Discussion in 'Car Audio Dealer and Installer Reviews' started by MadOx23, Oct 6, 2008.

1. MadOx23

MadOx23 Full Member

I just want to give a big recommendation to Mobile Edge Electronics in Lehighton, PA. I came across their website while searching for Memphis Car Audio equipment near me in NE Pennsylvania. Upon going to the shop, I asked a few questions about car audio and tint, and I was demoed the Hertz/Audison setup, that I would eventually end up buying. I had Memphis stuff in one of my previous cars, and was satisfied with the SQ I had gotten out of it. But the single pair of Hertz Hi Energy 6.5's he demoed for me sounded amazing. I couldn't believe all of that sound was coming out of two speakers and two tweeters. I also listened to the Mille's, which were otherworldly, but I didn't want to take out a second mortgage for speakers.... I had never heard of Hertz before, so I thanked him for his time and headed out to do some research.

Anyway, a few weeks went by and I did some research and kicked around a few other setups (a buddy of mine owns a car audio place and he deals in Kicker and RF, so I would have gotten a good deal) But those Hertz speakers haunted me. I figured that spread out over the time I owned the car, the investment would be worth it. So after driving Bob and Mitch nuts with several emails over the course of two weeks, I finally went ahead with the install.

These guys were extremely courteous and helpful throughout the entire process. I asked them all kinds of crazy questions, and just kept coming up with new things right up until I picked the car up. Even now, I still email them and they get right back to me. The actual install is beautifully clean, and the SQ of the system is the best I've ever heard. And I don't even have a sub in yet. Take a look at the Flickr page that is linked off the following article, and you can see what a clean job they did on the install. These guys have definitely earned my business in the future. They were straightforward, professional and courteous, as well as just being generally nice guys. This shop is a little far from my house compared to some, but because they went out of their way to answer my questions and get me just what I was looking for, they made me a customer.

Their shop carries a full line of stuff, from your general entry level stuff such as Street Edge all the way up to the Hertz/Audison setup I went with. They do tint (which I also had done), remote starters, DVD systems and all kinds of other stuff. Again, I highly recommend them to anyone who is within a reasonable distance of Lehighton, PA. They will spend the time to make sure you get what you want, and make sure the job is done right.

If anyone is interested, they posted my install up on their website -

Ford Fusion gets a complete Hertz/Audison system