Mike, want me to do a tutorial?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by sandt38, Nov 6, 2002.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Hey, I will be building at least 1 enclosure this weekend. I was considering doing it with very basic tools (so anyone could do it), and wondered if you wanted to host a tutorial? I will build a ported box for the Brahma, using only 2 "C" clamps, a drill, a circular saw, and a jig saw. I want it to be rather detailed. I just tried to create a new Hotmail Account and it is no longer free. I was going to do it on sounddomain ;) and link it to here, but I can't do that now :angry: . Anyways, I also have a sealed dual Boston Pro 12 enclosure to do, at my lesure, and I figured I would start, if not finish it this weekend as well. I can do it on Tripod, but I don't want to take up all my space, and Geocities would be down every 15 minutes :rolleyes: . I was going to try to save you server space, but I don't think I will be able to do it...

2. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

hotmail is still free...onthe page where is asked for you to pay at the bottom there s link for free accounts real small...

3. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Yahoo is also free...and there doesn't seem to be as much spam.

4. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

also if you need space (pending how much) i have soem space from my bellsouth account that no one uses that you could possibly use....just gotta get it activated...

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

sure that will be great

Yes Hotmail is Free

Yahoo, SUCKS, dont use them

http://www.email.com/ is a good free site

I can set you up with a 5MB CarAudiotalk Address

6. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

I use this site for web space. 20 megs

of free space :)

jeff

Last edited by systempimp_1500 at Nov 7 2002, 01:20 PM

7. piperazine

piperazine Full Member

Get free e-mail through australia.edu

The best free mail service I've found anywhere, NO advertising on their web pages and NONE mailed to you unless you hand your address out to advertisers.

Very few graphics and a basic interface, so no load time @ all, especially on cable.

And people on eBay keep asking you if they have to ship to australia. :D

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

OK, I am all ready to begin. I wonder if flawlesskid is going to come by to help *hint hint* :D .

Anyways, before I begin, what would you guys like to see? Should I highlight any process in particular? Specific cutting, squaring, gluing, sealing, or anything you may want to see. I am doing this to help out my Bro's here, so your questions would be greatly appreciated, I'm sure, by those interested in learning the process. Anyone?

9. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

best thing to do IMO in act like your teaching a 2 year old :D

10. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I am intrested in seeing the dual 12 sealed box for the Bostons. It looks as if I will be making two sealed boxes for my armageddons.... although after last nights "baffle experiment" maybe I should have someone else do it :rolleyes:

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

well I got all the wood cut, and I was cutting out the baffle and broke my last jigsaw blade :rolleyes: . Oh well, I got a new hotmail, and have started a new SD page. I will post my first set of pics soon, and I will complete the page when I get the project done. My membername is grannat overthere for the enclosure build. I will post a direct link when all is done.

12. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

13. musthavemuzk

musthavemuzk Full Member

i hit your tut sandt38.

keep it moving forward

Monty

14. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Hey Monty, how's it going? Jeez, I never knew you were a member here, now I see you've been a member since March? I hope to see you coming back and giving us some more input, and hopefully, taking some knowledge with you.

15. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

not sre if you read my reply at CAF so here it is again.... EBP is equil to Fs/Qes. you said you didnt know on the site.

16. musthavemuzk

musthavemuzk Full Member

not gonna make any guarantees sandt38, but i will surely try.
    with this little car audio quest of mine takin the bull by the horns i have been venturing out on the web in search of info.

Monty

17. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Thanks Space.

18. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Well guys. It is official. I lost 2 fillings :lol: . The output of this woofer even in an SQ ported application is just obscene. While the woofer maintained most of it's accuracy (I did get it to slop up just a tad in a very complex kickdrum track), ,it is apparent it lost a hair of it's SQ. Still more impressive than almost any other driver on the market I've heard. A sealed 13W7 is more accurate than a ported Brahma, but I'd like to hear the 13W7 ported to hear how it compares in similar enclosure designs. It is still more accurate than the 12W7s I have heard ported, but that may be enclosure shortcomings. My once nearly perfect deadened car is a rattletrap. My HOOD is rattleing. The Grill in my front bezel is rattleing. This thing is obscene. The first time it hit, I flinched. All I can say is, Dan, I hope those Kodas will keep up. When you sending me a set? ;)

19. MJE

MJE Full Member

did you get it metered yet seth??

and are you going to stick with ported, or do you ultimately prefer the sound of sealed enclosures?

20. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

No. I definatly climbed at lest a few Db, but not yet. I am still doing some listening.

I'm a sealed guy through and through. I've always stated that. I will listen some more and decide what i want to do.

Flawlesskid: "I have a new respect for the Brahma." "did you feel that wind on your head?!?! I mean a BURST!" "The Brahma is a grown man."

Hitme : "Dayum. That things a BEAST!!!"