Memphis Line Driver

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by liftedranger08, Jan 12, 2009.

1. liftedranger08

liftedranger08 Full Member

The dude at the car audio shop told me to get a line driver for my system. I looked at the specs and the nine.1 amp can has an input of 7 volts and the radio only puts out 2 volts and the line driver lets the radio put out up to 9 volts. I found a memphis line driver for $69.99. Would this be worth getting?

2. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

I would look into a PAC or soundgate.

3. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

i was also thinkin pac but it didnt say the secs and output voltage

4. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

I vote for the epicenter that thing is dope but dangerous.

5. jonnyv713

ya, be very careful. Its so good, it can really damage some stuff.

6. liftedranger08

Well i dont really wana spend $150 on it. So i guess the 2 channel that puts out 8 volts would be fine for me that is $49.99.

7. jonnyv713

the $50 one is 6CH, the 2CH is $30

8. liftedranger08

Do these work for highs/mids amps to? If so, do i need the 6 channel one for the sub and high/mid amp or will the 2 channel work?

9. jonnyv713

if you are running the 4 CH and your sub amp you will need the 6CH one.

10. liftedranger08

Ok i was just making sure. Thanks man. I will be getting it here soon along with 0 gauge wire, distribution blocks, and an extra battery. This should upgrade my electrical system somewhat.

11. jonnyv713

what 0guage are you getting?

12. liftedranger08

Prolly stinger wire since i can get it at my local shop and get a deal on it.

13. jonnyv713

i got my KnuKonceptz KLMX for 1.75/foot i think

14. liftedranger08

O ok, ill look around before i get it because i still have to measure how much i need. When i run 0 gauge to the dist. block, do i need to run 0 gauge to both amps to or will 4 gauge to the amps work?

15. jonnyv713

i would think 4 would be suficient, but if you have enough just run 0 to the Nine.1

16. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

seen this a lil late. the PG unit will do a good job for all your amps. my old PG eq had a built in 8volt line driver and my PG amps were rated for 2v and they absolutely screamed and sounded soooo good doing it. id get that one for sure.

damn i want to use those bad boys again. hmmmmmm

17. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

4 gauge would be fine at a short length for both amps. But I would still try to get 0 gauge on the nine.1 just cause.

18. liftedranger08

Well, where my distribution blocks will be, there will b only about 6 inches of wire to each amp. Ill post pics when i get my wiring all done and cleaned up.