LP Frequency's

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by des343, Jan 24, 2011.

1. des343

des343 Full Member

I have been reading and trying to figure this out forever but even so i dont think i completely understand it or how it really truely effects how the bass sounds and the power level i want to be able to get an all around effect but i LOVE the low bass hits its nice and hard

Basically i need some guidance on how i should set my stuff

i have 6 subs total..2 amps.

i have 2 rockford 10 inch P1's

2 Dual 12 inch

and the amp powering them is a Soundstream Rubicon 405

then i have 2 12 inch Kickers CVR

Powered by an Alpine M500

Please help and I have included links of everything so the specs can easily be viewed. Sorry they are all different sites if any other info is needed please ask and ill do my best to provide it.

Thanks

2. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

plan on running 4 subs, two, of which are different from the other two, off one amp? im not sure but i don't think that works to well. as far as the LP freq im not sure. and for the dual's i would place them at the nearest dumpster you can find lol just my opinion.

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

running 3 dif brands of subs will not do what you think it will do. due to them having diff specs each.

run one pair of each only. either the 12's or the 10's. you run into issues like cancellation, diff S/N ratios (sensitivity), impedances and box specs. all in all a bad idea.

4. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

i would run the two kickers and sell the other two brands and look into getting two or more cvr's with what you collect off selling the others, (you might have to throw another dollar or two in with what you make off the sell but trust me it would be worth it.

5. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

build the correct box for 2 of your most sensitive and or largest drivers