Looking for a 10in solo x

Discussion in 'Car Audio Classifieds' started by manutdfan7, Mar 23, 2009.

1. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

hey if anyone is willing to sell one or could tell me where to get a good cheap one that would be geat thanx

2. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

come guys help a man out lol

3. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

i will look around for you, why exactly do u want a 10" solo x?

4. jonnyv713

sonic has 1 for $1000 u could make a badazz wall of those hifonics 12's with a grand and it would prolly be much loder and cooler. but i aint gonna lie that thing is sweet.
    07s10x2.jpg

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

6. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

hey guys thanx alot
    i have a really nice costume box that my body is giving to me for 75

7. jonnyv713

you can build one that will make that sub wang hard for cheaper...

8. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

do i have no bloody idea how to do that or have the resources

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

you don't need that much. it you have a lowe's around you they can do all the cuts. 3/4 MDF is only like 25 bucks a sheet. You can ask help around here for the design of the box. Assembly isn't that hard to do if the cuts are done right.

10. jonnyv713

Lowes or any other place that sells MDF can cut it for you. then all you need is a drill, drillbit that you can use to predrill, drillbit to put the screws in, and screws, oh and glue.

11. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

what do you guys mean by mdf?

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Medium-density fiberboard (MDF) is an engineered wood product formed by breaking down softwood into wood fibers, often in a defibrator, combining it with wax and a resin binder, and forming panels by applying high temperature and pressure.[1]

It is made up of separated fibers, (not wood veneers) but can be used as a building material similar in application to plywood. It is much more dense than normal particle board.

MDF is good to make sub boxes with...

13. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

dam dude
    how long you been into systems?
    lmao

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

hahaha. I got that off of the internet. not that long though. I was into it in the 90's then stopped and then got back into it about 3 years ago.

15. jonnyv713

I really got into it 2 years ago, and if it werent for this forum, i would be one of those retards that thought they knew everything but actually knew basically noting!
    Thanks guys

16. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

hey man takes some balls to admit dat
    good for you
    and im also going to say when i comes down to it i dont know 1/10 as much as half the guys on this forum......
    but im learning alot thanx to you guys

17. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i guess ima date myself here..i've been into it since before most of you guys were born. 1987.

i'd like to consider myself old school.lol