Liftedranger's new system

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by liftedranger08, Nov 14, 2008.

1. liftedranger08

liftedranger08 Full Member

Well guys, i picked up 2 cerwin vega vmax 15" subs last nite. I got them at a pretty good deal. They are in 2 separate boxes that are about 2.2 cb ft. each. So now the building and stuff begins. :) Tonite im going to hook them up to a crossfire 600d amp just for temporary use so i can hear them until i get my new amp. I will try to get them on a meter this weekend with just the 600watt amp. Heres some pics of the subs in the old boxes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I no the boxes look kinda bad but the subs are good. I just need to clean them up a bit.

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

sweet... try to get some vids of the subs in action... how do you like the sound of them?

3. liftedranger08

I havnt tried them out yet. My cousin who has the amp im borrowing dont get off work until 5 so ima hook them up when he gets off. Ill post pics and a vid of them and i think ima get them on the meter tomorrow with the boxes they are in and the 600 amp then when my new amp comes in, ima build the box g3 designed and im gona put them on the meter again and see how many dbs i gained.

4. liftedranger08

Well guys, i hooked the subs up to a crossfire 600d amp tonite and wow these slam. They are louder with the 600d in the small boxes, then my crossfire bmfs were in a bigger box and a hifonics 1200d. I am so ready to make my new box and get the new amp. They will definitely slam then. I am gettting them on a meter tomorow and i will get yall a vid of them in action.

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

is that amp only 600 watts or more at other Ω loads?

6. liftedranger08

I'm pretty sure its only 600 watts at 1 ohm and that's what I'm running

7. liftedranger08

Heres a pic of my truck that this system is in.
    [​IMG]

8. pedro quiroga

oh snap! i loves those rims.
    [​IMG]

9. liftedranger08

Yea i like them 2. Is that the truck you have the 8s in?

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

yes, that's pedro's baby with the 8's in it.

Nice truck liftedranger. that lift on it looks great!!!

11. liftedranger08

Thanks cccullen. I love my truck. I have the loudest system in a ranger in my town. I cant wait to get it finished.

12. pedro quiroga

i wish i could afford to lift my truck. your truck is sweet looking.

13. liftedranger08

Thanks man. Now since i have my subs that i want, what kind of speakers do yall recommend for words? Im getting a crossfire 404 4 channel amp.

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

what's your budget for the speakers?

15. liftedranger08

Probably no more than $250 for all 4. I want something thats kinda cheap but sounds good.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  16. liftedranger08

17. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

refresh my memory... what size speakers do you want to get and how many watts per channel is your amp?

18. pedro quiroga

19. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Pedro, if he's looking for some 6.5's up front then he should look at some PG RSD's. Cheap and great sound for the price. you can pick them up on ebay for like $75. what do you think?

20. pedro quiroga

that or some polk db comps. 6.5's 99~114 on ebay 200~220 retail.