Koda's

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Honest Bob, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

The Brahma MKII 10/Koda 6.1 package on Sandts site is looking awfully tempting these days. I was wondering if the Koda midbass would fit in my car though. My Crystal 6.5 mids are a tight fit as it is. I imagine the Koda looks like godzilla compared to the Crystal but I thought I'd ask anyway. :D

Anyone have any pics of the Crystal 6.5 mids compared to the Koda's?

2. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

I don't know if it helps, but the Koda's are a little smaller than the ID mids. Here's a couple pictures comparing the Koda's, ID mids, and my a/d/s/ mids:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Hmm. They look like they might be about the same size.

Seth: Why can I buy the Koda mids for $80 and the tweeters for $190 with the total ending up to be $270. Meanwhile the set bought together costs $349. Whats the diffrence? :blink:

4. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Retail prices of the set:

Koda mid: $80 each
    Koda tweeter: $65 each
    Koda crossover: $45 each

If you buy the set together, you get a discount.

5. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Oh.. each... :oops:

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Lemme get up with Cort. He has some Crystal 6.5s and I can maybe get a comparison pic up within a few days...

I guess Steven has answered the questions you needed answered otherwise...

7. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Lemme get up with Cort. He has some Crystal 6.5s and I can maybe get a comparison pic up within a few days...

I guess Steven has answered the questions you needed answered otherwise... [/b][/quote]
    I'm pretty certain those Crystal's Courtney had were significantly smaller than the Koda's...

8. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I guess Steven has answered the questions you needed answered otherwise... [/b][/quote]
    I'd appreciate it Seth. :love:

I'd like to not beleive what Chris just said :D ;)

9. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Those crystals are in japan now. Wont do you much good heh? :p

10. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Darn you Cort...

HB, give me some measurements (depth and magnet diameter I think are what matter most), and I will measure my Koda comparatively.

ever consider a 1/2 inch mounting ring?

Look at Chris' (Geolemon's) site at his Honda civic's front stage. I think he did a great job fabricating a speaker cover that looks totally stock, with thin plexi and a heat gun ;). Just an idea.